What do you think of the Samsung Smart Tags?

I'm looking to get a handful of the samsung smart tags to put on our 2 dogs and cat for when we travel. We have a trip coming up and will be away for about a week, the dogs have a dog door and the cat has a shock collar to keep him away from the door. Im hoping to use the tags just to make sure they are still in the house, I have cameras to help but i only have a couple in the house so many spots the pets can't be seen and one dog will hide for hours at a time and has scared us before. (While we are gone I will have a friend stop by a couple of times to check on them to make sure they have plenty of food and water and to play with them for a bit. 

Im hoping that others here have used them with good results, I do have a Samsung tablet that stays plugged in and on all the time for a home assistant panel and a couple older samsung phones I can leave in different areas of the house if it helps. I wanted to use air tags but don't own any apple phones or tablets but if they are significantly better and worth it im sure I could find a used phone or tablet to set them up at but I would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise the community can provide.