NEED HELP GTA 5!!

Blazepoint5
Go to solution Solved by venomtail,

I would start with a clean slate. Uninstall the game, wipe the folder the game was installed to so when you install the game again a new folder has to be created, along with the rockstar launcher and its folder.

Whats up mates! 

So let me explain, i have been having issues with gta 5 and this is not the first time because this has been happening to me for years and with luck or randomly the game would choose to work. This is the game that has ever given me the most difficulty, pain and headaches and i have watched tons and tons, TONS AND TON of videos but non, literally non ever worked for me. Its like im cursed with this game or something lol. 

So i get alot and diffrent errors when launching the game and if i manage to fix it another one would comeup again! 

I have installed every single driver i have and from the Internet, in fact i have updated, chnaged windows just because of it but as i said, WITH LUCK OR RANDOMLY THE GAME WOULD CHOSE TO WORK.

Today i was playing and when i quit and came back the game wasn't launching, like no response, i click the executable but it would show anything i have tried compatability, admin mode bla bla but nothing. So i used debug viewer to see thats up and i got this 20240321_103147.thumb.jpg.40b426446b681f8e5876ec04c5b77bcb.jpg

I have no idea what most of does means but who knows. 

I downloaded diffrent versions of the game to see but its all the same. I removed DINPUT8.DLL to see if it would make a diffrence but nope. I have installed and removed my mods but nope.

Ohh and i have reinstalled the game like a GAZILIAN times, at this point i know the games files more than some worker in R* lmao 😂.

I would start with a clean slate. Uninstall the game, wipe the folder the game was installed to so when you install the game again a new folder has to be created, along with the rockstar launcher and its folder.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Probably uninstall the game and then wipe the folder and delete it entirely, if it doesn't work when if you used steam there is a button in that says verify integrity and would hopefully reinstall any corrupt or missing files, now for epic I'm not 100% sure if there is an option for that I could be wrong though.

Gigabyte B560m DS3H AC | Intel i5 11400f | AMD RX 6500 XT 4gb | T-Force TUF 16gb (2x8) 3200 mhz

Samsung 27' CRG5 Freesync, 144hz | Lenovo 21.5' LI2264d, 75hz

15 hours ago, NessieDT said:

Probably uninstall the game and then wipe the folder and delete it entirely, if it doesn't work when if you used steam there is a button in that says verify integrity and would hopefully reinstall any corrupt or missing files, now for epic I'm not 100% sure if there is an option for that I could be wrong though.

I did that but i had to download an update before it worked 

7 hours ago, Blazepoint5 said:

I did that but i had to download an update before it worked 

so it worked because of verifying the integrity or because you installed an update?

Gigabyte B560m DS3H AC | Intel i5 11400f | AMD RX 6500 XT 4gb | T-Force TUF 16gb (2x8) 3200 mhz

17 hours ago, NessieDT said:

so it worked because of verifying the integrity or because you installed an update?

After reinstalling the game and applying update, i created a note so i could remember it later> 

install direct x

install redistributions 2005-2022

install files, if failed:

uninstall the game (not delete, uninstall it)

install the game back and change the file name i.e GTA 5 to GTA V.

if failed, install build 1.67 update

install build 1.67 update root files

install the updates as well.

10 hours ago, Blazepoint5 said:

After reinstalling the game and applying update, i created a note so i could remember it later> 

install direct x

install redistributions 2005-2022

install files, if failed:

uninstall the game (not delete, uninstall it)

install the game back and change the file name i.e GTA 5 to GTA V.

if failed, install build 1.67 update

install build 1.67 update root files

install the updates as well.

oh wow alright well im glad you found it out!