Help completing item list for custom loop?

Hello everyone,

After LTT's recent video about evading water cooling, it re-sparked my interest in building a custom water loop for my PC.

About a year ago, I had already purchased some stuff, but after several issues with faulty hardware on my gaming PC, I got really upset and just quit using it and forgot about it.

My main objective with this would be to have a silent PC while also keeping the temperatures on the "low" side. I reside in a very hot environment where the ambient temperature is usually around 32–36 °C.

So here is the list of stuff I already have.

• 1 EK CPU water block nickel + acetal
  • 1 EK GPU water block nickel + acetal
  • 1 EK-Quantum Surface P360 Rad.
  • 1 EK-Quantum Kinetic pump-reservoir combo.
  • 3 meters of 10/16-mm soft tubing.
  • 8 10/16 tube connectors.
  • 1 drain valve
  • 1 water reservoir mounting bracket and tube slicer.
  • 1 radiator flushing kit and an antimicrobial inhibitor.
  • 3 Noctua NF-A12x25 and other leftover fans of varying sizes.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D stock.

GPU: Nvidia RTX3080, also in stock. 

Case: Gona swap into a Fractal Torrent case I already have.

Coolant liquid: distilled water.

image.png.f160f8f33ca4471abd1fd359e0c323ec.png

I was planning on setting my 360 rad at the front, sapping the included 180mm fans to the bottom, where I could add a 280x140mm radiator.

Or maybe I could set the 360 rad at the bottom and buy a 280x180mm rad for the front. Would this be okay since its copper? That would be fun to fit all inside...

Im guessing my single 360 rad, even though its thick, would not be enough for a silent setup?

What else should I get before starting?

I think I got most of the stuff I would need, but I would rather ask since things take a long time to ship to my country.

Thanks in advance.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

so ambient temp and water temp are a one to one meaning one c in ambient means you have 1 c hotter in the loop meaning less room. normally people have ambient at like 16c to21ish and set there stuff up at load between 75c and 85c. new stuff runs hotter. so i dont no if adding even more rads would get you more cooling when ambient is so hi. i could be wrong thow imo. i think in that case you need to cool the room. with water cooling you can dump the heat els were thow. so you most likely need a low power pc and even under volt it in hopes to not thermal throttle.

the thing about water cooling is it will dump more heat in to the room then heating it more...🤷‍♂️

bigger the fan the worse it is for rads. so 120mm or 140mm hi rpm should work.

some one correct me if im wrong plz

posably you need more rads, more flow, faster fans,under volt to get more cooling.

in this case you giving up hi rpm fans for more rads. how much you need i dont no.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

It makes sense, and yes, the heat here is suffocating. Right now, inside my room at 10 pm, it's 30.66 C. And this is within the colder months of the year.

The temperatures I described happen from around July to October.

My components aren't thermal throttling though; I have the biggest cooler noctua offers and aggressive fan curves, but my PC becomes a jet engine, which is what led me to want to do water cooling in hopes of something quieter.

If I have more surface area, then the fans need to blow less air, so I do think a second radiator would help me achieve a quieter setup. or at least what logic is telling me.

Either way, thanks for your input!

On 3/20/2024 at 9:12 PM, Yua said:

It makes sense, and yes, the heat here is suffocating. Right now, inside my room at 10 pm, it's 30.66 C. And this is within the colder months of the year.

The temperatures I described happen from around July to October.

My components aren't thermal throttling though; I have the biggest cooler noctua offers and aggressive fan curves, but my PC becomes a jet engine, which is what led me to want to do water cooling in hopes of something quieter.

If I have more surface area, then the fans need to blow less air, so I do think a second radiator would help me achieve a quieter setup. or at least what logic is telling me.

Either way, thanks for your input!

more surface area is more cooling but at 30+c each rad will do less cooling meaning more rads im thinking🤷‍♂️ if you want it under thrmlthrottle and quieter maybe it will work. might have to fill the loop evry week thow.

ya it got hot here for 2 days and i was naked in my bed with a fan on me slamming water and im in a basement sweet. something like duby is nuts and they still drank hot coffee...🤷‍♂️ but life gos on i guess...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2024 at 2:49 AM, thrasher_565 said:

more surface area is more cooling but at 30+c each rad will do less cooling meaning more rads im thinking🤷‍♂️ if you want it under thrmlthrottle and quieter maybe it will work. might have to fill the loop evry week thow.

ya it got hot here for 2 days and i was naked in my bed with a fan on me slamming water and im in a basement sweet. something like duby is nuts and they still drank hot coffee...🤷‍♂️ but life gos on i guess...

I ordered a 360 x 180 rad for the front and a 280 x 140 rad for the bottom. 

While playing cyberpunk with an ambient temperature of 27 °C,. The average CPU temperature was 63 °C, while the GPU temperature was 50°C. It is definitely way quieter, and I am pleased with the looks and performance. 

Here is a picture of it.

20240427_202811.thumb.jpg.fc286ae1cc1e0d4272448e4acdf507e9.jpg