Steam Installing Dota2?

theelitegamer

Hey guys, I ran into a problem *again*, last night I was playing dota 2, all fine and all, then I closed the game and the laptop, and woke up, did some work, and it want to reinstall the whole entire game? Though, I'm hiding the game files *you know go in to the registry and change the name to NoDisplayName*, but I did that before with other games and nothing happened any help will be fine, don't want to wait 5 hours to play a game. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Delete the changed file and "Verify the integrity of game cache" to download the official file.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Since it's an online game protected by Valve anti cheat system changing files may cause issues.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Delete the changed file and "Verify the integrity of game cache" to download the official file.

Tried that matey, it did nothing, I don't know I'm going to see how it does after this download, if it does the same thing the next day, I'll just make it seen/un hide it. even though I closed steam and tried that still no luck.. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.