10G nic with gpu bottleneck?

I will make this short,

I am planning a new build and is planning to get a 10G Nic as well for my new pc. The only concern i have right now is the motherboard i picked.

Will a B650 be fine with a 7900 XTX and a 10G nic or will it see bottlenecks in terms of lack of PCI-E lans?

The last pc i build was 6 years ago. So my knowledge is kinda useless now days.

Most boards can run the top slot at x16 while maintaining x4 in the bottom/secondary. Even if you ran a Gen4 GPU at x8 its not going to make a huge difference. I'd focus more on physical PCIe slot spacing to ensure you can actually fit a second PCIe device in with how thick modern GPU's are. 

Good reference for PCIe slot / lane arrangement. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NQHkDEcgDPm34Mns3C93K6SJoBnua-x9O-y_6hv8sPs/edit#gid=513674149

6 minutes ago, MrXeno said:

I will make this short,

I am planning a new build and is planning to get a 10G Nic as well for my new pc. The only concern i have right now is the motherboard i picked.

Will a B650 be fine with a 7900 XTX and a 10G nic or will it see bottlenecks in terms of lack of PCI-E lans?

b650 has 36 pcie lanes, 10g nic will take 4 lanes and gpu will take 16. Ez

Just depends on spacing I don't think you can fit it. Physically I mean.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

6 minutes ago, MrXeno said:

I will make this short,

Why get a 10G NIC and worry about PCIe Lanes, some motherboards now come with 10GB LAN ports, maybe look for one of these instead?

Put the extra money youre looking to spend on the NIC and the motherboard atogether and get a better motherboard and reap the other benefits on top of having the desired LAN port

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

13 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Why get a 10G NIC and worry about PCIe Lanes, some motherboards now come with 10GB LAN ports, maybe look for one of these instead?

Put the extra money youre looking to spend on the NIC and the motherboard atogether and get a better motherboard and reap the other benefits on top of having the desired LAN port

Depends, the cheapest AM5 board with 10GbE is the X670E Creator Wifi at $440 US. Likely going to be more expensive than a solid B650 board and 10GBase-T NIC all said and done. The only real concern isn't PCIe lanes but physical spacing with a honking big 7900xtx. 

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Depends, the cheapest AM5 board with 10GbE is the X670E Creator Wifi at $440 US. Likely going to be more expensive than a solid B650 board and 10Base-T NIC all said and done. The only real concern isn't PCIe lanes but physical spacing with a honking big 7900xtx. 

Oh wow really? I thought there would be more boards/boards cheaper than that that would offer 10GBE, the more you know

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

18 hours ago, Hellowpplz said:

b650 has 36 pcie lanes, 10g nic will take 4 lanes and gpu will take 16. Ez

Just depends on spacing I don't think you can fit it. Physically I mean.

Yeah that's a concern as well. but i can always use a pci-e riser and move it around, might just be more janki bu i can make it work.

18 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Depends, the cheapest AM5 board with 10GbE is the X670E Creator Wifi at $440 US. Likely going to be more expensive than a solid B650 board and 10GBase-T NIC all said and done. The only real concern isn't PCIe lanes but physical spacing with a honking big 7900xtx. 

I could find 2-3 motherboards here in denmark and they where around 5000-6000 DKK which is more then double the price of a motherboard and a 10G nic. I was suprise as well when i saw the price diffence.