Kodak Digitizing Box

Has anyone here used one of these Kodak Digitizing boxes? If so, what're your thoughts on the service? I have an opportunity to partner with them for some digital content, and I wanted to see if their service was liked. 

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Damn thats a blast from the past. They have had this service in many forms and last I used it was 5 years ago. It's always been quite good and fairly priced. They do a basic transfer of your film to digital and the quality is comparable to their prosumer gear you can buy to do it yourself at home. I was quite happy with the itteration of this from over 5 years ago but cannot comment on how it is now unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Damn thats a blast from the past. They have had this service in many forms and last I used it was 5 years ago. It's always been quite good and fairly priced. They do a basic transfer of your film to digital and the quality is comparable to their prosumer gear you can buy to do it yourself at home. I was quite happy with the itteration of this from over 5 years ago but cannot comment on how it is now unfortunately.

Yeah, from most of the reviews I'm finding online, it's a pretty good product. Plus, it's from Kodak (which is obviously a pretty reputable brand).

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Huh, I truly did not know this service existed but handling digitizing the families old media has been something in the back of my mind for years. I'll have to take stock of how many "items" we'd have per their stipulations and get a rough estimate on pricing. Looks like an "Item" is a single tape, or a pack of 25 photos. 20 items is $329. 

Don't use "cloud digitization" services unless they explicitly say they send your original media back to you. Some don't.

If you want to digitize 35mm negatives, slides, and prints, get yourself a quality flatbed scanner with backlighting and film jigs. A lot of the consumer grade "digitizer boxes" are basically cheap webcams and a light bulb. (Or just a stand to position your phone over your film and a light bulb.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.