Coil whine when moving mouse

andreweddy

Hi there - started getting coil whine when moving my mouse on display, seems to change in intensity when moved but this is random - tried changing polling rate but this didn't do anything - mouse is just a corsair harpoon usb mouse

any help welcome

thanks

does it also happen with other mouses or when you play a video?

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

If your setup is screw all screwny, like... bad plugs, no proper surge protector etc etc... this is a common norm.

If can't fix it, just go wireless. There are some really nice mice out there. Pwnage Ultra Extreme 2 is great. I have a couple of the 1st revision... costs some 60 bucks or so off Amazon.

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

If your setup is screw all screwny, like... bad plugs, no proper surge protector etc etc... this is a common norm.

If can't fix it, just go wireless. There are some really nice mice out there. Pwnage Ultra Extreme 2 is great. I have a couple of the 1st revision... costs some 60 bucks or so off Amazon.

Laughs in logitech 40$ logibolt wireless mouse

Note: it kinda sucks, both of my 2 logibolt connectors have started to become loose and lose connection without constant readjusting.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Just now, Hellowpplz said:

Laughs in logitech 40$ logibolt wireless mouse

Don't get me wrong but they're different beasts. The Logitech G203, btw I gave one to my buddy from the PC store one day... it's a battery plugged in mouse. You can just throw a pair of lithium AAA batteries in it and it'll roll all night and day.

Pwnage is bit of an another animal. It focuses on lightweight quality, while having a long battery life integrated. You'll have to plug it and charge from one day to another...

kind of a toss up...

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Don't get me wrong but they're different beasts. The Logitech G203, btw I gave one to my buddy from the PC store one day... it's a battery plugged in mouse. You can just throw a pair of lithium AAA batteries in it and it'll roll all night and day.

Pwnage is bit of an another animal. It focuses on lightweight quality, while having a long battery life integrated. You'll have to plug it and charge from one day to another...

kind of a toss up...

I used to have to run with the included dell mouse 💀 I hated that

Sure it lets you use a double A battery but it's a nightmare to change oof

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

• 5 weeks later...

its eems to have stopped now!! will get wireless mouse and try

thanks very much peeps