Home server

I'm planning to build a home server for a summer project and am looking for a bit of guidance.

I want it to run Pihole, a VPN, Plex, Home Assistant, operate as a NAS ideally in RAID 5, and a games server now and again (Minecraft, Valheim, etc.).

This https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yPkXGP is the system I had brainstormed and am unsure if it would be adequate or over-spec.

Any suggestions for parts and recommendations for resources to help would be greatly appreciated.

It's plenty powerful for what you plan on doing, but may not be the best value for your money. Some of those parts are a couple generations old (particularly the CPU and motherboard), and I wouldn't buy them for the listed prices. If you can get a deal on them used, or you already have them on hand, that's a different matter.

If you're buying everything new, I'd go for a Ryzen 5600x and 32 gigs of RAM. (You'll especially want that RAM if you're going to have more than a couple people in the Minecraft server. Minecraft is surprisingly memory hungry.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Thanks

Good to know. The plan is to do most of it second hand but I'm happy to know I'm on the right track. I'm painfully aware of the Minecraft needs up to now I've been running the server along side my instance on my main computer. thankful I have 32gb of ram for that.