How can i pull out a laptop screw that is stuck

Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,

There's lots of ways. Just remember any cutting, drilling, grinding will produce metal dust / debris which will be conductive and not good for electronics. Here's a few thoughts:

• Have you tried the rubber band trick?
  • With a good set of vice grips you may be able to grab the top of the screw and turn it.
  • I've had luck epoxying / jbwelding a screw bit into the screw, letting it fully cure (overnight) then taking the screw out.
  • Screw extractors are always my last choice, these almost never work for me.
  • Cut a slot in the top that you can put a flat head in and turn.
  • I'd rill the screw before I'd use a screw extractor. If you very carefully only drill through the top,  you'll be left with threads sticking up that you can grab and back out.

Any recommendation?

20240302_150346.jpg

There's lots of ways. Just remember any cutting, drilling, grinding will produce metal dust / debris which will be conductive and not good for electronics. Here's a few thoughts:

• Have you tried the rubber band trick?
  • With a good set of vice grips you may be able to grab the top of the screw and turn it.
  • I've had luck epoxying / jbwelding a screw bit into the screw, letting it fully cure (overnight) then taking the screw out.
  • Screw extractors are always my last choice, these almost never work for me.
  • Cut a slot in the top that you can put a flat head in and turn.
  • I'd rill the screw before I'd use a screw extractor. If you very carefully only drill through the top,  you'll be left with threads sticking up that you can grab and back out.