laptop for graphic design work

Go to solution Solved by Agall,
On 3/3/2024 at 2:35 AM, dap53 said:

mostly adobe illustrator and photoshop but i might try a few 3d programs later

What's nice is a lot of the new features with Adobe CC are cloud based, but most will use some CUDA acceleration. A budget gaming laptop being the goat, so something with an RTX 4050 or RTX 4060. RTX 4060 has enough VRAM to even use the new Chat with RTX feature and might last a lot longer. Those regularly go on sale for $800 or less.

I have a friend who recently picked up an MSI Cyborg and an extra stick of 8GB RAM. I did the upgrade for him which was pretty straightforward.

MSI Cyborg 15.6" 144hz Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD Black CYBORG1512043 - Best Buy

It was down to like $750 if I remember correctly. This being an example.

Otherwise, consider a macbook 😄 

hi im currently looking for a laptop for 2D art and graphic design, my budget is around 1000 USD, i would be very happy if anyone could suggest a few models, thanks

1 hour ago, dap53 said:

hi im currently looking for a laptop for 2D art and graphic design, my budget is around 1000 USD, i would be very happy if anyone could suggest a few models, thanks

What software are you using for graphic design?

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

On 3/1/2024 at 8:35 PM, Agall said:

What software are you using for graphic design?

On 3/3/2024 at 2:35 AM, dap53 said:

What's nice is a lot of the new features with Adobe CC are cloud based, but most will use some CUDA acceleration. A budget gaming laptop being the goat, so something with an RTX 4050 or RTX 4060. RTX 4060 has enough VRAM to even use the new Chat with RTX feature and might last a lot longer. Those regularly go on sale for $800 or less.

I have a friend who recently picked up an MSI Cyborg and an extra stick of 8GB RAM. I did the upgrade for him which was pretty straightforward.

MSI Cyborg 15.6" 144hz Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD Black CYBORG1512043 - Best Buy

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

27 minutes ago, Agall said:

thanks!!