Best distro for asus tuf gaming A16 advantage edition

What is the best linux distribution for this laptop? Windows absolutely sucks, has problems all the time, like it's literally using more battery in sleep mode, than it would normally, so i want to know if there is a linux distro that works out of the box. I've tried Zorin OS, and the keyboard worked out of the box after rebooting (unlike some other distros), but then it would be super laggy, and stop responding at all. I tried linux mint, but it didn't even let me boot into the iso, i saw on reddit that kubuntu 23.10 works fine, but i'm not sure how much is that true.

22 minutes ago, MiszS said:

Windows absolutely sucks, has problems all the time

Worth asking, have you clean installed Windows already? I do this on every machine that comes through work and we have way, way less issues. Whatever OEMs do to their copies of Windows just makes the OS horrible to use. Especially HP, though ASUS is pretty bloated too. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

Worth asking, have you clean installed Windows already? I do this on every machine that comes through work and we have way, way less issues. Whatever OEMs do to their copies of Windows just makes the OS horrible to use. Especially HP, though ASUS is pretty bloated too. 

i thought about that, but my mom didn't rlly want to do that, because we might not be able to return it, but now the 14 days passed anyway, so worth trying, the question is, do i install with keeping all my data, or do i completely reinstall everything?

2 minutes ago, MiszS said:

i thought about that, but my mom didn't rlly want to do that, because we might not be able to return it, but now the 14 days passed anyway, so worth trying, 

.... Installing Linux would do the same thing reinstalling Windows would in regards to returns. 

3 minutes ago, MiszS said:

do i install with keeping all my data, or do i completely reinstall everything?

Neither. Get an 8GB+ USB drive, download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, create a Windows 11 install USB on said drive. Boot from that, delete your hard drive partitions, then just click next (windows will automatically make the partitions it actually needs) and run through the install. 

Doing a reinstall from inside Windows itself will just re-use the same Windows image that's causing the problems in the first place. There is an option to download a new copy instead of reinstalling from local media, but I don't know if this grabs a clean ISO from Microsoft or the bloatware one from the OEM's servers. I always play it safe and simple, just use a USB drive. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

.... Installing Linux would do the same thing reinstalling Windows would in regards to returns. 

Neither. Get an 8GB+ USB drive, download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, create a Windows 11 install USB on said drive. Boot from that, delete your hard drive partitions, then just click next (windows will automatically make the partitions it actually needs) and run through the install. 

Doing a reinstall from inside Windows itself will just re-use the same Windows image that's causing the problems in the first place. There is an option to download a new copy instead of reinstalling from local media, but I don't know if this grabs a clean ISO from Microsoft or the bloatware one from the OEM's servers. I always play it safe and simple, just use a USB drive. 

yeah i already know about that (just that i use ventoy), i installed linux along side windows the first time, because my mom didn't want to have to backup all the data again, but ig we have to do it anyway