[Help] Access Videos on Windows PC using iPhone

Greetings,

I'd like to watch video clips on my Windows PC from my iPhone. The videos generated are often large (a few gigabytes). When I was at my home, I had my PC and iPhone under the same Wi-Fi network and I just turned on file sharing and used nplayer on my iPhone. That works perfectly fine. However recently I moved back to my dorm, and I suspect the 'eduroam' WiFi at the dorm has turned on client isolation, making me can no longer reach my PC from my iPhone. I've tried to use the Infuse FTP, but the speed is just too slow and I have to download the entire file to my phone. 

Could someone help me with this? 

Thank you very much.

sry i posted on under the wrong topic, i reported myself, plz remove my post thx

If you get a USB WiFI adapter for your PC, you can use that as a hotspot. Make sure you set a strong password so nobody else can connect to it.

Alternately, you could install something like Plex and see if that can get through the school's network to the Internet. If it can, you can use its remote access to stream your content from your PC to your phone just about anywhere.

12 minutes ago, SpaceHunter said:

sry i posted on under the wrong topic, i reported myself, plz remove my post thx

Moved to Servers, NAS, and Homelab.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

• 1 month later...

The easiest way would probably be the iCloud app in the Microsoft store. Download it, log in to your iCloud and boom, all your videos, photos are now in the windows photo app. (And synced) Then you can add the videos to the iCloud folder in the file explorer (if it’s the right file format) it should appear on your iPhones photo app.