got a 970 evo plus

_Dave_

decent speeds “up to 3500mbs”

currently test it and it was 500mbs but it was a small file and transferring from another slow ssd

You know how cars say “up to 40mpg combined” and then their real mpg when driving through town and hitting stoplights and stuff is more like 20?
Thats what’s up with SSD speeds.

Under ideal circumstances it can get some pretty nuts speeds.

In realistic file transfers it’s still ludicrously fast but not the same as its ideal number.

It's a good SSD, max speed doesn't mean that the SSD will do the things at that speed,

you don't drive 200 mph in town, or when you're turning

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

I have a 970 evo plus 2tb also, its a great drive. Im getting great performance and even though I have a sn850x that does 7500mbps I dont use it as a main drive because the real world applications is almost non existent I don't notice much difference even going from 650mbps to 3500mbps. Also just to throw this in there at london drugs right now you can get a 4tb t7 shield external ssd and its just fantastic and a great deal at 270 cad. im getting 650mbs but its almost locked at that speed.

15 hours ago, _Dave_ said:

decent speeds “up to 3500mbs”

currently test it and it was 500mbs but it was a small file and transferring from another slow ssd

Because:

• 3500mbps is the max sequential speed under ideal conditions
  • Small/random files have much slower read/write speeds
  • Who knows how much your slow SSD was bottlenecking the transfer to/from your 970 evo plus.

If you compare max highway speed of a car to its max speed when going offroading and towing a trailer, yeah there's going to be a huge difference.