Is i3 tiling window manager suitable for gaming?

Go to solution Solved by Blazepoint5,
1 minute ago, Vecna said:

i5 7200U Intel hd 620. I play minecraft with shaders(hopefully soon since my 10th grade exams are going on rn ill try later).
i wanna squeeze every drop of fps possible without any graphics glitches or bugs.

Dont worry it would do, just dont get super intensive shaders and use iris and sodium because it provides better performance with shaders then optifine.

You can search for additional optimisation mods on youtube and it would be good.

Run your game in max performance on your power plan, search for graphics on your settings on widows and locate your game EXE and set performance to max.

That would do the job.

I have a super low end pc and wanna squeeze every single drop of fps from it. I really do not mind the learning curve and find it quite exciting. Is i3 window manager a suitable replacement for xfce? I will mostly play minecraft. Are there any driver issues or bugs?

7 minutes ago, Vecna said:

I have a super low end pc and wanna squeeze every single drop of fps from it. I really do not mind the learning curve and find it quite exciting. Is i3 window manager a suitable replacement for xfce? I will mostly play minecraft. Are there any driver issues or bugs?

What generation? 

Laptop or desktop?

Do you want to get every last drop of fps your system can offer or your cpu can offer?

If you want to get the latest drivers for yours, get your cpu generation detail example (i5 6300u). Go on Google and put the name "intel i3 xxxx graphics driver" 

It would direct you to intel's page and download the available drivers for it.

1 minute ago, Blazepoint5 said:

What generation? 

Laptop or desktop?

Do you want to get every last drop of fps your system can offer or your cpu can offer?

If you want to get the latest drivers for yours, get your cpu generation detail example (i5 6300u). Go on Google and put the name "intel i3 xxxx graphics driver" 

It would direct you to intel's page and download the available drivers for it.

i5 7200U Intel hd 620. I play minecraft with shaders(hopefully soon since my 10th grade exams are going on rn ill try later).
i wanna squeeze every drop of fps possible without any graphics glitches or bugs.

1 minute ago, Vecna said:

Dont worry it would do, just dont get super intensive shaders and use iris and sodium because it provides better performance with shaders then optifine.

You can search for additional optimisation mods on youtube and it would be good.

Run your game in max performance on your power plan, search for graphics on your settings on widows and locate your game EXE and set performance to max.

That would do the job.

Just now, Blazepoint5 said:

That would do the job.

DUDE! I use simply optimized modpack with so many mods along with sodium. It managed to get my Intel hd 2000 minecraft 1.20 from like 15 fps to 60. On my new laptop shall I just use manjaro xfce then? I have experience with debian before so this will be a nice change.

4 minutes ago, Vecna said:

DUDE! I use simply optimized modpack with so many mods along with sodium. It managed to get my Intel hd 2000 minecraft 1.20 from like 15 fps to 60. On my new laptop shall I just use manjaro xfce then? I have experience with debian before so this will be a nice change.

I used to have a laptop with intel i5 6300u intel hd 520 and i get avrage 100fps on 1.20 and on servers i easily get 160-190, with the pack i used.

https://youtube.com/@RemarkablyOptimized?si=tAKiT6Sg5PtC6ytN

I get my pack from here and its as simple as drag and drop after installing fabric.

Just now, Blazepoint5 said:

I used to have a laptop with intel i5 6300u intel hd 520 and i get avrage 100fps on 1.20 and on servers i easily get 160-190, with the pack i used.

Do you remember the pack you used?