Is it time to change my PSU

DampMoleman

Over the past couple of years, I've been slowly adding and replacing parts in my gaming PC without ever doing a full rebuild just to keep it up to date. I'm at that point again and the one part that I have never really looked at twice was the PSU. The current PSU hasn't shown any visible issues. Now that I'm starting to replace some more parts, I am looking for advice on whether I should replace it. It's used primarily for gaming. My current build is below. I'll also put up what I'm hoping to add in the next year or two, just so I am able to future proof it.

Current Build

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060

Memory: Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4B 2x8GB

Storage 1: SanDisk SSD PLUS 480 GB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD

Storage 2: Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA III Performance Hard Disk Drive

PSU: 650W XFX XXX, Hybrid Modular, 80PLUS Bronze, 1x135mm, ATX v2.2, PSU

Case: Sharkoon T9 Value Blue Edition

Looking to Add

Memory: looking to add another set of 2X8GB's of RAM

Storage: going to add 1TB M.2 SSD seeing as I have a free slot lying there on the motherboard.

GPU: this one is less of a need but if I feel like treating myself, I'll upgrade the GPU in the next 2 years. Thinking of an RTX 3060 or 4060

Case: going to get a new case, looking at a Corsair 4000D airflow

My main concern is the PSU is nearly 10 years old. Have things improved enough in that time that I would benefit from getting a new PSU? Would it be worth replacing due to wear and tear alone to prevent it from frying other parts of the PC? Is it worth updating just to cover myself for future upgrades?

This one is more for my own understanding, as long as the PSU is running well and the wattage is enough to cover the running of the PC, is there any need to replace it?

Feel free to make any recommendations for PSU's if you feel it needs to be replaced

Hard to tell without knowing if you experience a lot of power outages or irregular voltages.

I live in the UK and grew up in South Africa where power is very inconsistent and there are daily power outages and bad voltage spikes that damage electrical items every day. 

I, personally, would upgrade a PSU if I knew it had been subjected to a lot of power outages over a 10 year period or if it was a known bad model that was likely to fail *cough* gigabyte’s recent fiasco with two bad models *cough*

otherwise, it’s up to you. If you just want an upgrade then sure, go for it.