Buying a new laptop

Sounds like a daft question but I don't play games on my laptop so when I buy a new laptop.

What's the minimum and maximum spec I should look out for in CPU speed and intel generation , Ram , graphics cards and anything else I missed out. Thanks

All depends on what you want to do, and on your budget, you rlly don't need a powerful laptop for regular use 

Hi current laptop is a aspire es1-512 have having trouble with it I load chrome browser and watch YouTube it's laggy it does eventually stop sometimes. 

I have updated all my drivers I have noticed my temperatures reach around 45 and maximum 50 Celsius. 

The processor is a Intel Celeron Processor N2840 upgraded it to 8 gigs of ram and upgraded it to a SSD. My processor speed is 2.58 GHz

Was told that it was a old laptop so now looking for a new laptop for web browsing and YouTubing and light video editing. Budget is about 200 quid 

15 hours ago, Alix said:

Hi current laptop is a aspire es1-512 have having trouble with it I load chrome browser and watch YouTube it's laggy it does eventually stop sometimes. 

I have updated all my drivers I have noticed my temperatures reach around 45 and maximum 50 Celsius. 

The processor is a Intel Celeron Processor N2840 upgraded it to 8 gigs of ram and upgraded it to a SSD. My processor speed is 2.58 GHz

Was told that it was a old laptop so now looking for a new laptop for web browsing and YouTubing and light video editing. Budget is about 200 quid 

Most pcs and people use 16 GB or higher.