Dell aio graphics

I have a dell aio, it has intel uhd graphics and also a 1050. But the computer doesn’t use the 1050 at all and the computer is extremely slow. Any tips as to how i can fix it?

2 minutes ago, Kalluris151 said:

I have a dell aio, it has intel uhd graphics and also a 1050. But the computer doesn’t use the 1050 at all and the computer is extremely slow. Any tips as to how i can fix it?

Did you check task manager?

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Are you doing anything that would require the 1050 to kick in? Lots of laptops and AIOs will use a power profile that doesn't even use the discrete graphics unless they're needed. Try downloading Unigine Heaven and give that a run, then see if your 1050 kicks in.

The slow part, I mean, AIOs aren't exactly speed demons in general. What processor does it have? How much RAM? The 1050 in there is probably a laptop part, so that will affect performance.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

6 minutes ago, itsabearcannon said:

Check that your monitor is plugged into the 1050 and not the motherboard.

OP said the computer is an all in one, they can't unplug the monitor because it's built in

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Ok so the aio has only 8 gigs of ram, but it used to be much faster before. It has a boot time of more than 2 and half minutes. Uh it has an intel i5 not sure which one it takes too much time to open and check

Oh and also there seems to be an issue with directx as it is unable to run some games and it is even unable to install epic games launcher due to the directx problem

On 2/17/2024 at 10:32 AM, Hellowpplz said:

Did you check task manager?

Yes

7 hours ago, Kalluris151 said:

Yes

As long as the 1050 is showing up in task manager and device manager, go to device manager and uninstall intel graphics

Worst case scenario your screen stays black just restart your computer and reinstall graphics drivers from dell's website.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Go into the nvidia control panel and select the manage 3D settings option.

There should be a dropdown box there for what graphics are to be used with an option to always use the nvidia graphics processor.