CX650

Matei

So, I have a build with I5-9400f on a gigabyte b365 ds3(INTEL VERSION), rtx 3060 12 gb, all in a case genesis irid 300. I was wondering if the corsair cx650 is compatible with this build

Which CX650, there are two. The CP-9020122 launched in 2017 or CP-9020278 launched in 2023. The 2017 is decent with a modern platform. The 2023 is a relabled CV650 and a lot worse than the 2017 model.

So, I should buy the 2017 model?

Power supplies are nearly universally compatible if it’s anything modern and ATX.

Same connectors. OEM power supplies may be different in terms of connectivity. 
And there’s a few different standards for their physical size but they all use the same connections.

I would probably avoid the CX650 in general, though if the price is right, it’s fine, it’s just not ideal. Wouldn’t be many people’s first choice even in that tier of power supply overall but again, if the price is right, it’ll work.

44 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Power supplies are nearly universally compatible if it’s anything modern and ATX.

Same connectors. OEM power supplies may be different in terms of connectivity. 
And there’s a few different standards for their physical size but they all use the same connections.

I would probably avoid the CX650 in general, though if the price is right, it’s fine, it’s just not ideal. Wouldn’t be many people’s first choice even in that tier of power supply overall but again, if the price is right, it’ll work.

Okay, thanks