can you put the argb fan header in the 3 pin D_LED on the motherboard and if not what is a work around?

gimpus17

i recenlty got the cooler master mobius 120p argb fan. however when i try to connect my mother board (gigabyte z590 UD lga1200) using the D_LED, 3 pin connector, the fan doesnt light on any of the same type of connector. however the 4 pin fan connector does work.

looking at the manual D_LED outputs 5v, has 3 pins , pin defininition being [1.5v, 2. data, 3. no pin and 4. ground] the header does a line with the connector and it is designed for addressable lighting however the example they gave is for LED strips not fans (not sure if that makes a difference) even with all that there is no light.

it is possible that cooler master pin orientation may be different to the motherboard but i am unable to verify as i can find it listed any where.

so i am wondering what is the best way to fix this? do i need to get a hub or splitter? or is it possible that the rgb fan cable is busted and i should retern it?