New PC build after 8 years with old PC

Hello LTT forum, 

after nearly a decade with my old PC, it is due for an update. 
I will be "selling" my old one to my GF since it still plays most modern titles at 60 fps no problem (The 1080 has done a fantastic job)

Been looking around on my own to find something that is in that range but keep getting lost with different builds and no real coherent option. 

My current setup is: 

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

• GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GTX 1080 Rev 2.0 11 Gbps

• RAM: 32GB Corsair CMK32GK (DDR4-2998)

• Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING

• Cooler: Alpenföhn 

• Storage:

• SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

• HDD: WDC WD 10EzEX 1TB

I won't mind building the PC myself, since I've done that multiple times for friends already.
A prebuilt option that I found which seemed decent was: https://www.dubaro.de/GAMING-PC/Gamer-PC-Ryzen-7-5700X3D-mit-RX-7900GRE::3369.html

Budget (including currency): 800-1200 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

• Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects 
  • Not a real graphics fanatic in games, I am usually totally fine with 1080p at 144Hz
  • Some light biotech applications

Other details: Would like to stick to aircooling since AIO is too much of a hassle for me. Won't maintain it anyway. I would love to expand the storage options a bit further since I've run out of space on my 1TB HDD multiple times already. 

This is just a idea. Why not go for a 7600 non X and a 7700xt. 4tb of storage with a additional m.2 slot for upgrades and 32gb ram. You could also pick a 2tb ssd so you save 110~ now and can add another later. Maybe instead of a 4tb ssd you pick 2tb and a 7800xt.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/7tnXWt

Would be about the same price with some upgradability. Potentually faster internet with 2,5GbE LAN. Ofc a downgrade on the gpu but you get more storage and ram

Here's a gpu comparison:

22 hours ago, Shirota Screen said:

Hello LTT forum, 

after nearly a decade with my old PC, it is due for an update. 
I will be "selling" my old one to my GF since it still plays most modern titles at 60 fps no problem (The 1080 has done a fantastic job)

Been looking around on my own to find something that is in that range but keep getting lost with different builds and no real coherent option. 

My current setup is: 

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

• GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GTX 1080 Rev 2.0 11 Gbps

• RAM: 32GB Corsair CMK32GK (DDR4-2998)

• Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING

• Cooler: Alpenföhn 

• Storage:

• SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

• HDD: WDC WD 10EzEX 1TB

I won't mind building the PC myself, since I've done that multiple times for friends already.
A prebuilt option that I found which seemed decent was: https://www.dubaro.de/GAMING-PC/Gamer-PC-Ryzen-7-5700X3D-mit-RX-7900GRE::3369.html

Budget (including currency): 800-1200 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

• Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects 
  • Not a real graphics fanatic in games, I am usually totally fine with 1080p at 144Hz
  • Some light biotech applications

Other details: Would like to stick to aircooling since AIO is too much of a hassle for me. Won't maintain it anyway. I would love to expand the storage options a bit further since I've run out of space on my 1TB HDD multiple times already. 

Hello... I think you should go with this Build. Please don't ever get a Pre-Built PC. They are never worth the money you pay from them, they use TRASH Parts, are full of Bloatware, and often use Custom Made Parts that are not interchangeable with regular PC Parts. 

Please have a look and let me know what you think. I can answer any questions you might have.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/8VTVgB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€174.90 @ Alza)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin King SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€32.07 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€209.73 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€74.90 @ Alza)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€124.99 @ notebooksbilliger.de)
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 319 Radeon RX 6800 16 GB Video Card  (€412.90 @ Alza)
Case: ADATA XPG DEFENDER PRO ATX Mid Tower Case  (€65.90 @ Alza)
Power Supply: ADATA XPG CORE Reactor 850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€96.90 @ Alza)
Total: €1192.29

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

10 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Hello... I think you should go with this Build. Please don't ever get a Pre-Built PC. They are never worth the money you pay from them, they use TRASH Parts, are full of Bloatware, and often use Custom Made Parts that are not interchangeable with regular PC Parts. 

Please have a look and let me know what you think. I can answer any questions you might have.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/MnZGN6

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€174.90 @ Alza)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit EVO 69 CFM CPU Cooler  (€48.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€214.01 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Kingston FURY Beast RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€84.90 @ Alza)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€124.99 @ notebooksbilliger.de)
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7600 XT 16 GB Video Card  (€350.90 @ Alza)
Case: ENDORFY Regnum 400 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€102.90 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 V2 FULL MODULAR 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€95.76 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1197.26

Personally i don't think a 7600 xt is worth suggesting. You get more vram but not much more preformance than a RX 7600.

Gotta say though not a fan of prebuilds either.

I found something that's far better value than a 7700xt, a RX 6800 is around 415 right now.

55 euro's cheaper, about as fast as a RX 7700 xt and you get 16gb vram instead of 12gb.

Here's what i would suggest atm: 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/szLqQP

You could look for something that's not a stock cooler, but it should be fine.

1 hour ago, Deathcorner said:

Personally i don't think a 7600 xt is worth suggesting. You get more vram but not much more preformance than a RX 7600.

Gotta say though not a fan of prebuilds either.

I found something that's far better value than a 7700xt, a RX 6800 is around 415 right now.

55 euro's cheaper, about as fast as a RX 7700 xt and you get 16gb vram instead of 12gb.

Here's what i would suggest atm: 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/4hmRyg

You might want to look for a prettier case you like tough and perhaps something that's not a stock cooler, but it should be fine.

I have fixed my List to include the RX 6800 XT. Even though I don't think there was anything wrong with the ENDORFY Regnum 400 PC Case, I changed that too. It is now the ADATA XPG DEFENDER PRO which has 3 ARGB Fans and a Full Mesh Front & Top Panels. I don't know why you didn't like the ENDORFY but I do think the ADATA Case is better, I just didn't see it my first time looking. I also changed the RAM & PSU to ADATA XPG as well to match some of the Parts together, I'm a big fan of matching Brands in a PC Build, you get far less problems that way.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

7 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

I have fixed my List to include the RX 6800 XT. Even though I don't think there was anything wrong with the ENDORFY Regnum 400 PC Case, I changed that too. It is now the ADATA XPG DEFENDER PRO which has 3 ARGB Fans and a Full Mesh Front & Top Panels. I don't know why you didn't like the ENDORFY but I do think the ADATA Case is better, I just didn't see it my first time looking. I also changed the RAM & PSU to ADATA XPG as well to match some of the Parts together.

I had no objection to the case you had. I just mentioned that he might wanna look for a better case than the one i put in my list.

Going for a AM5 system over a AM4 does seem better. The prices are about the same.

1 minute ago, Deathcorner said:

I had no objection to the case you had. I just mentioned that he might wanna look for a better case than the one i put in my list.

Yeah... Looking at that CiT Case it uses Molex Fans. Dumb design if you ask me, why not just make everything SATA or at least get the power from the Motherboard like most 3 Pin 5V Fans? Also that Case has terrible Airflow, it only allows Air Intake from the Sides of the Panel. I don't know why Cases like that even exist! I wouldn't even use that in an extreme budget build where every "PENNY" counts, LoL.

7 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Yeah... Looking at that CiT Case it uses Molex Fans. Dumb design if you ask me, why not just make everything SATA or at least get the power from the Motherboard like most 3 Pin 5V Fans? Also that Case has terrible Airflow, it only allows Air Intake from the Sides of the Panel. I don't know why Cases like that even exist! I wouldn't even use that in an extreme budget build where every "PENNY" counts, LoL.

I just added something that seemed oke to be fair. I've had some rough experience picking a itx case in the past. First case i had for my new pc last year was crap to put it lightly. Ended up with a NR200P after some research. Now i'm happy with the r5 3600/ rx 6600 build i got. Going to upgrade to a 5800x3d when ryzen 9000 drops along with older cpu prices.

Edit: Took a closer look at the  CiT case. You're absolutly right it is shit.

1 minute ago, Deathcorner said:

I just added something that seemed oke to be fair. I've had some rough experience picking a itx case in the past. First case i had for my new pc last year was crap to put it lightly. Ended up with a NR200P after some research. Now i'm happy with the r5 3600/ rx 6600 build i got. Going to upgrade to a 5800x3d when ryzen 9000 drops along with older cpu prices.

Be careful with the Ryzen 5 3600. As a Full Time Custom PC Builder and watching others on YouTube like Greg Salazar the R5 3600 CPUs have been dropping dead for no reason what so ever for a little over a year now. Personally I have has 15 of them die in the last 6 months.

Also be sure that your Motherboard can handle a 5800X3D. There is a big difference between a cheap B550 like ASRock B550M-HDV and MSI B550 GAMING GEN3 as apposed to a Mid Range like Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX or MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK.

If you need a ITX Motherboard then I would go with the Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO, if not the I would get this MSI MEG X570 UNIFY.