(solved)Lenovo Legion 5 pro - 5800H + 3060 gaming laptop temp limit

Go to solution Solved by EscapedVillager,

DoctorNick , NemesisPrime_691 , Naijin.
i solved it by undervolting the gpu and lowering the core clock(yes lower fps only by 8-10 fps) but it least it does work and yeah i tried changing the charger but didnt work..anyways 

heres my graph even though i know its wrong and not the well put but i have no knowledge  about undervolting
and thanks alot for helping
image.thumb.png.2bb9769ffe2b12dec40b6bfe241796b3.png

image.png.eeb46e094ae87e84ce8c4bb23329285c.pngimage.png.576e0b80eb367dda8af75886d6891f86.png

19 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Ok, yeah it throttle the speed. Maybe put it back to default. Your issue is that it throttle everything down to 400mhz. You've this installed? No clue if it helps, I mostly have experience with thinkpad laptops:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-5-pro-16ach6/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Power Management&id=E1B533C3-16CA-4FBE-8BD8-FB5D7A57F431

i think my laptop doesnt support it or something ?

20 minutes ago, EscapedVillager said:

image.png.eeb46e094ae87e84ce8c4bb23329285c.pngimage.png.576e0b80eb367dda8af75886d6891f86.png

i think my laptop doesnt support it or something ?

Idk man, try finding the version you got.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Idk man, try finding the version you got.

idk....for now i`m doing a hardware test on lenovo vantage 

2 minutes ago, EscapedVillager said:

idk....for now i`m doing a hardware test on lenovo vantage 

You can search for S/N on https://pcsupport.lenovo.com to find your model of PC

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You can search for S/N on https://pcsupport.lenovo.com to find your model of PC

image.thumb.png.8d78ae6c0ed039183dbfbf5b7766e21f.png

i found one for my laptop product key but its win 10 and i installed it and its just saying the same

1 minute ago, EscapedVillager said:

i found one for my laptop product key but its win 10 and i installed it and its just saying the same

Alright. Have you tried reinstalling windows? Maybe that'll help. You can get the windows media creation tool here. Guess you got win 11?

You need a USB flash drive: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, EscapedVillager said:

i have something....what if i turned on my igpu from the bios ? 

Why its slow af?

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Why its slow af?

just a question that maybe it will some how fix it ? 
because by default its off and im only using the 3060 as the main gpu for screen and games

20 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Why its slow af?

its been 17 min of playing and there`s nothing everything is working fine and the fps diffrence is 5 fps or 7 

i found something everytime the cpu reaches in the 50s wattage it starts this throttle ? like it reached 58  wattage then immediately throttled 

20 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Why its slow af?

i found something for real this time i tried playing on my igpu for 3 hours straight and this thing doesnt happen i thought the problem was from the cpu but its from the 3060 

2 minutes ago, EscapedVillager said:

i found something for real this time i tried playing on my igpu for 3 hours straight and this thing doesnt happen i thought the problem was from the cpu but its from the 3060 

I see, i don't have any ideas apart from trying a clean install of windows 

FS in Denmark/EU:

3 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

well i`m trying to put this as the last thing but i found that my bios is GKCN60WW, 3\7\2023 
even though theres a  GKCN64WW version that it was not saying i have to update it but i`ll do it  and see 

I had this happen on my Legion 5 Pro 2021 with RTX 3070 and I noticed that while this happened,  the charging LED at the back would also start flickering, indicating a charger connectivity issue. 

I went to my nearby Lenovo store, tried out a different charger with same wattage, played for 30 min and the issue did not happen.

Got the charger replaced under warranty and its been working fine since. I would suggest checking the charging LED while you game and see if it flickers at all, accompanied with the wattage/FPS drops.

Good luck.

10 minutes ago, NemesisPrime_691 said:

I had this happen on my Legion 5 Pro 2021 with RTX 3070 and I noticed that while this happened,  the charging LED at the back would also start flickering, indicating a charger connectivity issue. 

I went to my nearby Lenovo store, tried out a different charger with same wattage, played for 30 min and the issue did not happen.

Got the charger replaced under warranty and its been working fine since. I would suggest checking the charging LED while you game and see if it flickers at all, accompanied with the wattage/FPS drops.

Good luck.

well after i updated my bios its kinda less but i`ll try this and see 
thanks 

3 hours ago, NemesisPrime_691 said:

Good luck.

update: it doesnt do that but i found something else

6 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

that everytime this happens the usage just jumpes to 100% or closer to it

image.png.91e246ba47ee07111077e169d8df7810.png
is it a virus ? even though i scanned for viruses 

ok here`s the thing i don`t have a usb flash and at the moment i cant pay for a windows reinstall so can i reset the windows without a flash ?

DoctorNick , NemesisPrime_691 , Naijin.
i solved it by undervolting the gpu and lowering the core clock(yes lower fps only by 8-10 fps) but it least it does work and yeah i tried changing the charger but didnt work..anyways 

heres my graph even though i know its wrong and not the well put but i have no knowledge  about undervolting
and thanks alot for helping
image.thumb.png.2bb9769ffe2b12dec40b6bfe241796b3.png