4090 power

Mando772004
Go to solution Solved by Mando772004,
5 hours ago, Bagzie said:

If your gpu is only reaching 330w in furmark at +20% power then that's an issue with your card.

i fixed it, i was running the "gpu stress test" option not the presets that are on the application itself. i ran the presets and it reached as high as 500watts. i noticed when running the custom preset with it set to 1440p, the actual render resolution is way lower i dont know why but this was why the gpu power was very low. 

i have a question, why does i see some people reaching 500w with a 4090 and i never reach that with the same model, they dont even mention that they installed a bios or anything. i just find it weird cuz even when i bumped the power limit on the strix 4090 oc to 120% it  reached 330w during a furmark test and others seem to reach as high as 495!

If your gpu is only reaching 330w in furmark at +20% power then that's an issue with your card.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

2 hours ago, Bagzie said:

Well sorry no it reached 330w with 100% power limit i noticed that after, however in other benchmarks it can reach up to 430w like 3dmark for example

2 hours ago, Bagzie said:

And all games run at very normal power usage its just furmark thats a bit too low, for other benchmarks it can hit 400w+ but never  495 like other people. Im certain my hardware is fine as i had a suprim before that it also didnt reach such power. Im using the 12vphwr connector direct from my psu which is a 1200w hydroptm

5 hours ago, Bagzie said:

i fixed it, i was running the "gpu stress test" option not the presets that are on the application itself. i ran the presets and it reached as high as 500watts. i noticed when running the custom preset with it set to 1440p, the actual render resolution is way lower i dont know why but this was why the gpu power was very low.