Driver installation issue.

Gat Pelsinger

So I dual booted Windows (with Windows), and before I could install my drivers, Windows did it for me (which I hate it). But when I try to run my garbage HP driver setups (like seriously, Dell does this way better. They run the installation through a batch file!), most of them I don't think even installed. When I see the DISM log (which I think it is the correct log, I mean they said to check the log at /dism.log, so I guess it is the one at C:\?), it is not every intuitive in what is going, but I guess I see a lot of "failed" but also "package is already installed", which does give me some idea. I checked its graphics driver version with my original Windows install's and they matched (also the drivers haven't been updated since 2020. What do I even expect from HP. Should I go download the real Intel drivers?). And rest of the hardware and software features does seem to kind of work. So, do I keep it like that, or is there something better I can do?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

1 minute ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

So I dual booted Windows (with Windows), and before I could install my drivers, Windows did it for me (which I hate it). But when I try to run my garbage HP driver setups (like seriously, Dell does this way better. They run the installation through a batch file!), most of them I don't think even installed. When I see the DISM log (which I think it is the correct log, I mean they said to check the log at /dism.log, so I guess it is the one at C:\?), it is not every intuitive in what is going, but I guess I see a lot of "failed" but also "package is already installed", which does give me some idea. I checked its graphics driver version with my original Windows install's and they matched (also the drivers haven't been updated since 2020. What do I even expect from HP. Should I go download the real Intel drivers?). And rest of the hardware and software features does seem to kind of work. So, do I keep it like that, or is there something better I can do?

i had kind of a similar issue with my new asus motherboard, the drivers would install as a batch file but they wouldnt work, reinstalling windows did the trick for me. try downloading windows from the media creation tool and installing it on a usb drive and make sure the usb drive is NTFS, for me thats what worked instead of FAT32. Should work hopefully