desk pad as a lab work mat

NadiaMayer

Has any used them for such action

when did my LTT shop to day i got my self an extra pad for electronic work bench as it feels nice.

My current on seems to be holding up well i did while working at desk gave a few glue gun burns hence I'm getting a new one.

so has anyone used it for electronic work before?

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

Depends how sensitive the electronics you're working with are. I try to avoid laying bare PCBs on any sort of fabric since some surface mount components have sharp corners and snag easily and if you aren't paying attention you can rip them off. LTT store also doesn't say anything about the desk pads being anti static, and they for sure aren't grounded in any way. 

All that being said I work on laptops on my HyperX desk pad all the time and haven't had any issues. 

On 2/17/2024 at 2:34 AM, Quarpet said:

Depends how sensitive the electronics you're working with are. I try to avoid laying bare PCBs on any sort of fabric since some surface mount components have sharp corners and snag easily and if you aren't paying attention you can rip them off. LTT store also doesn't say anything about the desk pads being anti static, and they for sure aren't grounded in any way. 

All that being said I work on laptops on my HyperX desk pad all the time and haven't had any issues. 

i dont use a lot SMD and not lot for static parts but I  do wonder for the desk pads static effect if an LTT want to chime in.

I'm more worried about effect of hot solder or a glue gun or a craft knife

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors.