Build Upgrade advice

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
7 minutes ago, YariYGM said:

Hey guys, I was looking for some advice into my build, I'm currently running a Ryzen 7 3800x custom water loop rig with a 1650 GPU, 600W PSU, 2x8GB 3200Mz Ram all on my MSI x570 A-Pro MB. I was looking to upgrade my GPU to a 4060 or 3060/Ti and ram to 32gb 3200MZ. I will be honest i am nervous about bottlenecking my CPU and not having enough power with my PSU, but I did not build my pc myself it was from Digital Storm. I don't even wanna begin to mess with my PSU cables, everything was zip tied and was not fun . I recently changed one of my fans and the pc didn't turn on because i had my connectors for power in the wrong orientation on my MB LOL. Either way she runs good now but I'd like to run my games smoother, any thoughts? 馃檪

You can easily run your system with a 600w PSU if you plan on getting the 4060 馃檪

It will be an easy swap as well.

The 3800x will not be a major bottleneck, nothing I would be worried about.

Buy the 4060 or AMD equivalent and continue gaming 馃檪

Hey guys, I was looking for some advice into my build, I'm currently running a Ryzen 7 3800x custom water loop rig with a 1650 GPU, 600W PSU, 2x8GB 3200Mz Ram all on my MSI x570 A-Pro MB. I was looking to upgrade my GPU to a 4060 or 3060/Ti and ram to 32gb 3200MZ. I will be honest i am nervous about bottlenecking my CPU and not having enough power with my PSU, but I did not build my pc myself it was from Digital Storm. I don't even wanna begin to mess with my PSU cables, everything was zip tied and was not fun . I recently changed one of my fans and the pc didn't turn on because i had my connectors for power in the wrong orientation on my MB LOL. Either way she runs good now but I'd like to run my games smoother, any thoughts? 馃檪

PC Pic.jpg

7 minutes ago, YariYGM said:

You can easily run your system with a 600w PSU if you plan on getting the 4060 馃檪

12 minutes ago, YariYGM said:

聽I don't even wanna begin to mess with my PSU cables, everything was zip tied and was not fun

The 4060 (at least, AIB models) has an 8 pin power connector, what does the 1650 have?

12 minutes ago, YariYGM said:

to a 4060

The power consumption is the best thing about it, you should be fine with your PSU.

6 minutes ago, Tetras said:

The 4060 (at least, AIB models) has an 8 pin power connector, what does the 1650 have?

The power consumption is the best thing about it, you should be fine with your PSU.

I believe it uses a 6 pin connector

1 hour ago, YariYGM said:

I believe it uses a 6 pin connector

That might not be a problem (i.e. won't need rearranging of their cables) if the cable has 2 pins that split off, which from what I can see in your picture, it does.

2 minutes ago, Tetras said:

That might not be a problem (i.e. won't need rearranging of their cables) if the cable has 2 pins that split off, which from what I can see in your picture, it does.

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

Awesome! Thanks yall聽馃槃