Cpu voltage settings

20240205_131150.thumb.jpg.31e75134e7822e8b152300a98fd0b5ae.jpg20240205_131138.thumb.jpg.ee2972fb0eaa581b4498f2dca5e46695.jpg

do any ofthese settings seem out of order? Im running a b650 aorus pro ax. I have no oc only pbo enabled. The last 2 settings (cpu and vcore loadline calibration were set to 6% i set them to auto). Reason im askingbecause im having problems with dx12 games occassionally crashing on fullscreen mode, seems to be speficially also when framegen is enabled. One guy said he fixed it by disabling asus multicore enhancement on his intel platform but i dont know the equivalent to that on amd. I know for a fact it isnt a hardware problem cuz i replaced everything and still had the same issue, only thing left is the mobo and im sure a faulty mobo wouldnt cause dx12 games to run fine on windowed fullscreen but occasionally crash on fullscreen

the only thing i wonder is why b650 with an 7950x3d

2 hours ago, bal723 said:

the only thing i wonder is why b650 with an 7950x3d

Cuz the B650's are actually incredibly well built for "budget" boards. or were the budget boards cuz 620 wasn't a thing yet.  The Pro AX is a top end B650 board as well, competing against X670 easily.

Your voltage is perfectly fine.  Leave it alone.  Set PBO/CO (hopefully -30 all core) and enjoy.  There is no need to even play around or look at those voltages.

If you need any help with your 7950X3D, @Agall has done extensive testing with his and may have some tweaks.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

4 hours ago, Mando772004 said:

20240205_131150.thumb.jpg.31e75134e7822e8b152300a98fd0b5ae.jpg20240205_131138.thumb.jpg.ee2972fb0eaa581b4498f2dca5e46695.jpg

do any ofthese settings seem out of order? Im running a b650 aorus pro ax. I have no oc only pbo enabled. The last 2 settings (cpu and vcore loadline calibration were set to 6% i set them to auto). Reason im askingbecause im having problems with dx12 games occassionally crashing on fullscreen mode, seems to be speficially also when framegen is enabled. One guy said he fixed it by disabling asus multicore enhancement on his intel platform but i dont know the equivalent to that on amd. I know for a fact it isnt a hardware problem cuz i replaced everything and still had the same issue, only thing left is the mobo and im sure a faulty mobo wouldnt cause dx12 games to run fine on windowed fullscreen but occasionally crash on fullscreen

Are you running the 3D v-cache optimizer driver or forcing CCD0?

Regarding voltages, I'd leave those alone outside of PBO2 offsets. EXPO will sometimes force various voltage settings for RAM stability, so if any, disable EXPO and see if it changes anything.

Regarding fullscreen vs fullscreen windowed crashing, it could be the 3D v-cache optimizer driver. I haven't used it since day 1 when I tested it, and I noticed subtle frame time latency issues. Where I recommend simply changing CPPC settings, being usually under SMU in the UEFI to force CCD0. This effectively disables the driver since the Auto setting is the driver.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

17 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Cuz the B650's are actually incredibly well built for "budget" boards. or were the budget boards cuz 620 wasn't a thing yet.  The Pro AX is a top end B650 board as well, competing against X670 easily.

Your voltage is perfectly fine.  Leave it alone.  Set PBO/CO (hopefully -30 all core) and enjoy.  There is no need to even play around or look at those voltages.

If you need any help with your 7950X3D, @Agall has done extensive testing with his and may have some tweaks.

starting to understand new amd things slowly, thanks

36 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Tbh id rather leave everything default cuz im already happy with the peformance im getting and im not sure if undervolting would be stable cuz its different for each chip, not worth the hassle in my personal opinion.

27 minutes ago, Agall said:

Regarding voltages, I'd leave those alone outside of PBO2 offsets. EXPO will sometimes force various voltage settings for RAM stability, so if any, disable EXPO and see if it changes anything.

Regarding fullscreen vs fullscreen windowed crashing, it could be the 3D v-cache optimizer driver. I haven't used it since day 1 when I tested it, and I noticed subtle frame time latency issues. Where I recommend simply changing CPPC settings, being usually under SMU in the UEFI to force CCD0. This effectively disables the driver since the Auto setting is the driver.

I already had it in bios to prefer cache and it would crash as well, i then resorted to setting it to auto and installing 3d vcache drivers and i still get the issue

32 minutes ago, Agall said:

Also worth mentioning that i tried using a 7600x on my mobo and it had the same issue so i dont think its a vcache driver problem

39 minutes ago, Agall said:

Also, can you tell me how i can disable 3d cores maybe i can try the games using the normal 8 cores. 

29 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

Also, can you tell me how i can disable 3d cores maybe i can try the games using the normal 8 cores. 

AMD Overclocking, then reconfigure CCD0 for 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0, called 'down mapping' or something within those that menu. fully configured is 1's for both and for me, it restarts within that menu once applied (so its not 'save and exit' like normal). 

Down configuring would help troubleshoot that, but you could also use Processor Affinity from the Details section of Task Manager to change with CPU cores an application can use. It does work live to the application, so you could test your game my changing its Processor Affinity to CPU 16-31 (starts at 0).

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

14 minutes ago, Agall said:

AMD Overclocking, then reconfigure CCD0 for 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0, called 'down mapping' or something within those that menu. fully configured is 1's for both and for me, it restarts within that menu once applied (so its not 'save and exit' like normal). 

Down configuring would help troubleshoot that, but you could also use Processor Affinity from the Details section of Task Manager to change with CPU cores an application can use. It does work live to the application, so you could test your game my changing its Processor Affinity to CPU 16-31 (starts at 0).

Will test that when im home, also i saw there is a bios update for my mobo it released 25th of january so not long ago, ill try updating my bios as i currently have the version just before that new one. Ill also try (again) disabling xmp and having preferred cores to cache (again also :p). Hopefully i can reach something because i ran every stress test possible and everything seems good, i even rma'd the first 4090 thinking it was the issue

@Agall would it be worth it to try using the vbios on the asus website? Its from late 2022

Screenshot_20240205_192806_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d39e8632550eba8858e0fceaa85371e1.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

@Agall would it be worth it to try using the vbios on the asus website? Its from late 2022

Screenshot_20240205_192806_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d39e8632550eba8858e0fceaa85371e1.jpg

Your EUFI updated recently and now you have stuttering, if I'm understanding properly?

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 hours ago, Agall said:

Your EUFI updated recently and now you have stuttering, if I'm understanding properly?

what stuttering? my problem is dx12 games occasionally crashing on fullscreen and i was asking if it would be worth it to try updating vbios

10 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

what stuttering? my problem is dx12 games occasionally crashing on fullscreen and i was asking if it would be worth it to try updating vbios

I wouldn't if the only thing noted is ECC issues.

Do you usually have background tasks that are hardware accelerated? Something like game clients, Chrome, etc. I run into strange issues sometimes with some games and the window settings when certain applications are in the background, an example being Chrome with a Youtube video up. 

Otherwise, you're going to have to shotgun variables or just run everything in fullscreen windowed. I've had some games have frame time latency issues in fullscreen windowed, but that's been resolved in the instances of it I've seen in the last year. Changing some Nvidia Control Panel settings too like disabling v-sync and other features would be useful to test, maybe as well disabling the iGPU.

There's a lot of things to shotgun, various things related to VGA. vBIOS would be unlikely and is always risky, at least you have two different vBIOS. You could also try the other one built into the card if this has been a constant problem to test a vBIOS issue, that being the Silent versus Turbo modes or w/e Asus calls it on their card.

Another thing, if you're using native 12VHPWR/PCIe 5.0, there's some sense pin errors you can run into that can cause issues, like random 100% fan speeds and potentially crashes.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

17 minutes ago, Agall said:

I wouldn't if the only thing noted is ECC issues.

Do you usually have background tasks that are hardware accelerated? Something like game clients, Chrome, etc. I run into strange issues sometimes with some games and the window settings when certain applications are in the background, an example being Chrome with a Youtube video up. 

Otherwise, you're going to have to shotgun variables or just run everything in fullscreen windowed. I've had some games have frame time latency issues in fullscreen windowed, but that's been resolved in the instances of it I've seen in the last year. Changing some Nvidia Control Panel settings too like disabling v-sync and other features would be useful to test, maybe as well disabling the iGPU.

There's a lot of things to shotgun, various things related to VGA. vBIOS would be unlikely and is always risky, at least you have two different vBIOS. You could also try the other one built into the card if this has been a constant problem to test a vBIOS issue, that being the Silent versus Turbo modes or w/e Asus calls it on their card.

Another thing, if you're using native 12VHPWR/PCIe 5.0, there's some sense pin errors you can run into that can cause issues, like random 100% fan speeds and potentially crashes.

im using an atx 3.0 psu so the im using a direct cable with no adapter, this can be the issue? doesnt make sense if its the issue cuz it would probably cuz games to crash in general not just in fullscreen and not just dx12 games

16 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

im using an atx 3.0 psu so the im using a direct cable with no adapter, this can be the issue? doesnt make sense if its the issue cuz it would probably cuz games to crash in general not just in fullscreen and not just dx12 games

12VHPWR native does weird things, if you still have the adapter, its worth a test. Most PSUs with native 12VHPWR also support the 2x8pin to 12VHPWR where the strange 'loss of power' symptoms can go away. I've only ever seen it with the 1:1 cable personally. Its a variable to test.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

5 hours ago, Agall said:

12VHPWR native does weird things, if you still have the adapter, its worth a test. Most PSUs with native 12VHPWR also support the 2x8pin to 12VHPWR where the strange 'loss of power' symptoms can go away. I've only ever seen it with the 1:1 cable personally. Its a variable to test.

maybe ill try that, also i have a question, why does my cpu boost higher with pbo disabled? im thinking about just disabling it, i even did game benchmarks and there was practically no difference but i did notice the cores boost better, should i just have it on disabled or are there any disadvantages? also i set it to prefer cache in bios and i stopped the amd 3dvcache service just in case, is this also ok or should i leave it as is

15 hours ago, Dedayog said:

The B650 boards really are well built , My board at the time was the cheapest you could buy and still managed to keep a 7950X at full load for a long sustained test whilst having Vrm's sitting under 80c , Pretty impressive for a budget board.

I'm not qualified enough on the matter to add anything to what @Agall has allready mentioned so will leave you in his very capable hands.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

4 hours ago, Bagzie said:

The B650 boards really are well built , My board at the time was the cheapest you could buy and still managed to keep a 7950X at full load for a long sustained test whilst having Vrm's sitting under 80c , Pretty impressive for a budget board.

I'm not qualified enough on the matter to add anything to what @Agall has allready mentioned so will leave you in his very capable hands.

Do you happen to have games specifically DX12 games occasionally crash on fullscreen mode, but work fine on windowed fullscreen?

10 hours ago, Mando772004 said:

maybe ill try that, also i have a question, why does my cpu boost higher with pbo disabled?

Using the PBO2 settings in my signature. I run an NH-D15 w/ AM5 offset in a FD North (mesh) with 4x140mm case fans. The NH-D15 fans are on the outboard parts of the tower leaving the middle open. My ambient temperature for those runs weren't anything special, considering it was during summer in my current house which doesn't have central air (soon).

I would run some cinebench R23 and see. Regarding boosting behavior, the 7950x3D is strange. Dependingin on what's happening, I see as high as 5.9GHz on CCD1, CCD0 being capped at 5.25GHz. Generally, if you're running a full 16c/32t configuration, you'll see high maximum boosts on both CCDs but won't with only 8c/32t. Even just CCD1 doesn't perform as well since heat soak into CCD0 appears to limit CCD1 (and TDP). I've done a lot of game testing with CCD configuration, even down to CCD0 2c/4t to see if I could sustain a higher boost which it doesn't.

If your CPU is boosting higher with PBO2 turned off, then that PBO2 offset is probably not stable. Its common now a days to accidentally voltage limit a CPU or GPU in attempting to under volt, I've seen it a few times with the 5800x3D. Why I always suggest validating any PBO2/under volt with cinebench R23.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

37 minutes ago, Agall said:

Using the PBO2 settings in my signature. I run an NH-D15 w/ AM5 offset in a FD North (mesh) with 4x140mm case fans. The NH-D15 fans are on the outboard parts of the tower leaving the middle open. My ambient temperature for those runs weren't anything special, considering it was during summer in my current house which doesn't have central air (soon).

I would run some cinebench R23 and see. Regarding boosting behavior, the 7950x3D is strange. Dependingin on what's happening, I see as high as 5.9GHz on CCD1, CCD0 being capped at 5.25GHz. Generally, if you're running a full 16c/32t configuration, you'll see high maximum boosts on both CCDs but won't with only 8c/32t. Even just CCD1 doesn't perform as well since heat soak into CCD0 appears to limit CCD1 (and TDP). I've done a lot of game testing with CCD configuration, even down to CCD0 2c/4t to see if I could sustain a higher boost which it doesn't.

If your CPU is boosting higher with PBO2 turned off, then that PBO2 offset is probably not stable. Its common now a days to accidentally voltage limit a CPU or GPU in attempting to under volt, I've seen it a few times with the 5800x3D. Why I always suggest validating any PBO2/under volt with cinebench R23.

Well i never see 5.9ghz i dont think i ever saw a number even near that, i think max i saw was like 5.7ghz and not in cinebench. In cinebench my cores boost to around 5ghz max on 8 cores and around 4.8 on the other 8. This has to be normal right? No way my cpu could be underperforming that hugely. This is with or without pbo enabled. I have no oc at all or undervolt

5 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

Well i never see 5.9ghz i dont think i ever saw a number even near that, i think max i saw was like 5.7ghz and not in cinebench. In cinebench my cores boost to around 5ghz max on 8 cores and around 4.8 on the other 8. This has to be normal right? No way my cpu could be underperforming that hugely. This is with or without pbo enabled. I have no oc at all or undervolt

Well what are you getting for cinebench R23 in terms of scores?

Those sets of benchmarks in that post I took as a point of reference, being various CCD configuration and duration runs. Sample of 1 with a proven PBO2 setup for my chip, "PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'"

Also, I only see 4.8-4.9GHz all core during cinebench, which results in those scores. The HWinfo64 data screenshotted were only for the cinebench run, so there's no idle time factored in with that data.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

1 hour ago, Agall said:

Well what are you getting for cinebench R23 in terms of scores?

Those sets of benchmarks in that post I took as a point of reference, being various CCD configuration and duration runs. Sample of 1 with a proven PBO2 setup for my chip, "PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'"

Also, I only see 4.8-4.9GHz all core during cinebench, which results in those scores. The HWinfo64 data screenshotted were only for the cinebench run, so there's no idle time factored in with that data.

In that case then im good i think, i get 36k ok cinebench like you so yeah thats definitely within range

32 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

In that case then im good i think, i get 36k ok cinebench like you so yeah thats definitely within range

I haven't done per core PBO2, I suspect its not as impactful on the 7950x3D since its got some hard limits. I haven't seen anyone do XOC on the 7950x3D, but I've thought about delidding a few times. Delidded, the 7950x3D could probably sustain >5GHz all core if not higher since the extra two heat transfer layers associated with the solder and IHS are more limiting with 3D v-cache than normal CPUs.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500