nvida shield tv

Ronnie55

Can the Nvida Shield access the web to stream online videos?

of course, it's just running Android TV. So even if something doesn't show in the Play Store, you can still sideload any APK you want.

I'm talking about accessing sites like Primewire, UpMovies...ect

15 hours ago, Ronnie55 said:

I'm talking about accessing sites like Primewire, UpMovies...ect

Oh, so piracy websites...

As someone else said, it's just a box that is running Android TV. Can you go to those sites on an Android phone? Then it will work on the Shield too. Although I suspect that the experience won't be that great unless you also get a keyboard and mouse. Navigating a browser with a TV remote is a pain in the ass.

can't condone or discuss piracy sites on the LTT forums here, but I can say the following.

For streaming media from websites on any smart TV setup, I recommend casting from your phone. Web Video Cast is my casting app of choice for casting website media to Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, or Roku.

Going to return the Nvida Shield TV Pro to Best Buy...I should have checked before buying, seems Hulu and the shield is a no go

On 2/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, Ronnie55 said:

Going to return the Nvida Shield TV Pro to Best Buy...I should have checked before buying, seems Hulu and the shield is a no go

what do you mean? Hulu is working just fine on my Shield. Did it recently go missing on the PlayStore or something? If so then you could always sideload the apk manually.

I returned the Shield after speaking with Hulu support, they me told the device is no longer supported