Future proofing my home network

Hajfi

Hi, I'll be doing some renovations on my old flat, and I'm trying to plan my home network setup. The flat is about 90m2, I don't understand it much but after some research, I would love to try Ubiquity because I like how it works for LMG and their staff. I have a rough layout of the place with ethernet ports, AP, and a place to put a rack plus the equipment I think would be the best for me. But I'm not sure. My old setup was a TP-link router and one repeater. Now I'm trying to do it better. Can you please tell me if those two APs would be enough or if it's a total overkill? I'm really not sure. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Just to clarify, it's a old reinforced concrete house so wifi strength is an issue

Edit: I have to do Cat6 cabling and everything from scratch. Currently there is nothing.

Snímek obrazovky 2024-01-31 143043.png

Edited by Hajfi

I'm very sceptical that you need a Ubiquiti system for a two AP system in a small flat/apartment. I love that you're running Cat6 cabling around, I'd love that!

Take a look at cheaper mesh (over ethernet) systems, maybe TP-Link Deco (can run in AP mode) before buying a controller and APs from Ubiquiti.

Currently, I have a Tp-link Archer and a smaller Tplink as a repeater and wifi coverage is shitty. The house is made from reinforced concrete panels and they don't like wifi. I just like how it works all together in one system, their AP, cable LAN, security camera, and doorbell. Plus when I'm doing whole place reconstruction cost is small compared to other stuff I have to do.