issues with coil whine

Hey everyone,

just a few days ago i built my new pc. Now when i start Fortnite i hear a lot of coil whine coming from both PSU and GPU. Can i fix this by just getting a new PSU. 

PSU: bequiet! Pure Power 12 M 750 W

GPU: XFX RADEON RX 6950 XT

By "just i fix it" i mean is it possible to reduce the coil whine coming from the GPU by getting a new PSU

not really it could help but a lot of 6950XTs are just prone to have coil whine, but i would say a 750W PSU is underpowered for a 6950XT id get at least a 850W one but it most likely will not change the coil whine of the GPU.

Heres the list on pc part picker https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XkwRHG. it says the built just needs 540 watts. And you dont think the coil whine could be reduced even if i get a 850w PSU? Beause i think there is similar much noise coming both

37 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

not really it could help but a lot of 6950XTs are just prone to have coil whine, but i would say a 750W PSU is underpowered for a 6950XT id get at least a 850W one but it most likely will not change the coil whine of the GPU.

1 hour ago, Tomsbrowsk said:

Heres the list on pc part picker https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XkwRHG. it says the built just needs 540 watts. And you dont think the coil whine could be reduced even if i get a 850w PSU?

Its only an estimate, and you PSU seems to have some problems supplying the power for the 6950XT if even the PSU itself suffers from coil whine. You should be able to find a PSU that wont have any noticeable coil whine but with the GPU itself, it can change a bit when getting a new PSU but most 6950XTs just have coil whine just with different severity.