PC sometimes doesn't boot up

exxxydawg
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

Manually set all your RAM timings. It has nothing to do with BIOS version.

My build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti A6G
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

RAM: G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB [F4-3200C16D-16GTZR] 2x8

PSU: Corsair TX550M (550W)

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C Blackout TG

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12-S
SSD: A-Data XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1Tb
HDD: WD Blue 1Tb
Monitor: AOC 24v2q (75hz)

I was sitting in windows 10 with my old bios and it was fine

But some time ago i decided to update bios to 4802 (atm they released one more version - 5003, but i didn't do anything yet), and also switch to windows 11.

After that I'm facing a weird issue - when i press power button, sometimes my pc won't boot at all: fans in pc all lit up and spin, but other peripherals don't even lit up (keyboard, for example), my monitor also black. When this happens, i just restart pc and usually that problem goes away.

I'm lost, don't know what to do with it, it's so annoying and i don't really like the fact that this problem even exist, help me figure out a solution to this, please

1 hour ago, exxxydawg said:

My build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti A6G
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

RAM: G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB [F4-3200C16D-16GTZR] 2x8

PSU: Corsair TX550M (550W)

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C Blackout TG

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12-S
SSD: A-Data XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1Tb
HDD: WD Blue 1Tb
Monitor: AOC 24v2q (75hz)

I was sitting in windows 10 with my old bios and it was fine

But some time ago i decided to update bios to 4802 (atm they released one more version - 5003, but i didn't do anything yet), and also switch to windows 11.

After that I'm facing a weird issue - when i press power button, sometimes my pc won't boot at all: fans in pc all lit up and spin, but other peripherals don't even lit up (keyboard, for example), my monitor also black. When this happens, i just restart pc and usually that problem goes away.

I'm lost, don't know what to do with it, it's so annoying and i don't really like the fact that this problem even exist, help me figure out a solution to this, please

Update bios again to newer version

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Right now they're like this. They resetted to default when i updated bios, but i changed it after so rn it's like it used to be before any updates

Spoiler

2024-01-25 6.29.36 PM.jpg

@Levent

Could you please check screenshot from a post above? I'm not sure to what values I should change ram timings 😞

So, quick update: afterall I decided to update my bios to latest version... and it didn't fix anything..

Do you guys have any other ideas why it keeps happening and how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured it out... Huge thanks to @Levent for giving me a hint! For anyone facing the same problem in the future - I had to manually set all my ram timings from docp in bios (the exact same values, just manual), and it worked!