Need help with upgrading my pc and builing a second one (using old parts maybe)

Budget (including currency): 1.000-1.500$ max for both pc's

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming - LoL, dbd, hunt, valorant, diablo/poe, new titles (me) / Web Design + Streaming (just to try it out) + Gaming - LoL, but she'd like to try out new things since rn she can't because of her laptop (my wife)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):聽

My current build is:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti A6G
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

RAM: G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB [F4-3200C16D-16GTZR] 2x8

PSU: Corsair TX550M (550W)

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C Blackout TG

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12-S
SSD: A-Data XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1Tb
HDD: WD Blue 1Tb
Monitor: AOC 24v2q (75hz)

My wife's build:

Old laptop lenovo ideapad 310-15ikb (upgraded with more ram and a brand new 2.5'' ssd which i plan to use in her new pc) and the exact same monitor as mine.

So I plan to upgrade my current pc and build a new one for my wife.

She's currently using her old laptop which i upgraded a bit (added more ram and installed an ssd so it at least can function normally). At the moment my wife is grinding her way to become a web designer, but she hates being forced to work on her slow laptop that barely works with Figma file with just a few items inside it.. She also likes to play LoL with me, but that's the only game out of others that she can play due to how slow and old her laptop is.. And recently she told me that her little dream was to try out streaming (maybe it will be a one-time thing, maybe not), so I also would like to mention that.

As for my pc - I just want to be able to play literally anything that i'd like right now if i get the chance since i feel like my build have gotten a bit old. I'm not talking 4k ultra settings 60+ fps, but maybe 2k (in the future when i upgrade my monitor) gaming with smooth expirience. I never really used any crazy ultra settings in my games, only in few of those that can run smooth enough even on ultra, I generally prefer to have more fps overall, squeze out every single fps I can get and play without stutters and all that kind of stuff rather than enjoy a pretty picture sitting on 30-60fps 馃檪 So most of the times I play on low-medium settings rn..

I use my macbook pro for work, so I don't plan to use pc for that, so it's one and only purpose is gaming i suppose.

And finally to the point - I got stuck at "what should i do with my pc - use some of it's parts in my wife's pc (like gpu, cpu, psu, ram?) or just sell them and buy new parts for myself and for my wife.."

I'm not even sure where to start, which parts to look for, and is it even worth to reuse anything or i just sell part of it and get a new parts for both pc's..

In terms of budge - we can go a bit beyond 1-1.5$k only if the outcome would be not to reuse anything from my pc to build a second one. So i can build my wife a new pc and a bit later upgrade my own. But if we'll decide to reuse some of my current parts, then i'd like to stay in 1.5$k max, since i'll have to buy all at once.

Thank you for reading that post! Any help appreciated!

24 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming - LoL, dbd, hunt, valorant, diablo/poe, new titles (me) / Web Design + Streaming (just to try it out) + Gaming - LoL, but she'd like to try out new things since rn she can't because of her laptop (my wife)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):聽

My current build is:

My wife's build:

Old laptop lenovo ideapad 310-15ikb (upgraded with more ram and a brand new 2.5'' ssd which i plan to use in her new pc) and the exact same monitor as mine.

She's currently using her old laptop which i upgraded a bit (added more ram and installed an ssd so it at least can function normally). At the moment my wife is grinding her way to become a web designer, but she hates being forced to work on her slow laptop that barely works with Figma file with just a few items inside it.. She also likes to play LoL with me, but that's the only game out of others that she can play due to how slow and old her laptop is.. And recently she told me that her little dream was to try out streaming (maybe it will be a one-time thing, maybe not), so I also would like to mention that.

As for my pc - I just want to be able to play literally anything that i'd like right now if i get the chance since i feel like my build have gotten a bit old. I'm not talking 4k ultra settings 60+ fps, but maybe 2k (in the future when i upgrade my monitor) gaming with smooth expirience. I never really used any crazy ultra settings in my games, only in few of those that can run smooth enough even on ultra, I generally prefer to have more fps overall, squeze out every single fps I can get and play without stutters and all that kind of stuff rather than enjoy a pretty picture sitting on 30-60fps 馃檪 So most of the times I play on low-medium settings rn..

I use my macbook pro for work, so I don't plan to use pc for that, so it's one and only purpose is gaming i suppose.

And finally to the point - I got stuck at "what should i do with my pc - use some of it's parts in my wife's pc (like gpu, cpu, psu, ram?) or just sell them and buy new parts for myself and for my wife.."

I'm not even sure where to start, which parts to look for, and is it even worth to reuse anything or i just sell part of it and get a new parts for both pc's..

In terms of budge - we can go a bit beyond 1-1.5$k only if the outcome would be not to reuse anything from my pc to build a second one. So i can build my wife a new pc and a bit later upgrade my own. But if we'll decide to reuse some of my current parts, then i'd like to stay in 1.5$k max, since i'll have to buy all at once.

i mean you can just transfer the internals to a different, cheaper case, give it to your wife and build a new pc in that case (if you wanna keep the case to yourself that is)

or alternatively, format the pc you got and give it to her,and just build a new one for yourself with a budget of 1.5k

On 1/24/2024 at 3:52 PM, ki8aras said:

i mean you can just transfer the internals to a different, cheaper case, give it to your wife and build a new pc in that case (if you wanna keep the case to yourself that is)

or alternatively, format the pc you got and give it to her,and just build a new one for yourself with a budget of 1.5k

what do you think, is it worth going for am5 if we're talking about building from 0?

@ki8aras

tbh i dont think i want to build am4 rn just because i i'd like to have an option to upgrade further in the future and from what i know there's one and only option 5800x3d, meaning that i'll need to change everything later when i'll need a better cpu, right?

On 1/24/2024 at 7:25 AM, exxxydawg said:

My current build is:

My wife's build:

Hello... I have a Build List here for you. It is for a whole new PC. Given I had limited Parts to work with on the Web Store that I used I think it turned out really well. Please let me know what you think.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://www.dns-shop.ru/conf/fc09ed0aa42ad3d1/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor聽 ($219.00 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG620 BK ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler聽 ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard聽 ($208.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory聽 ($194.77 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive聽 ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card聽 ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: ADATA XPG VALOR MESH ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply聽 ($120.18 @ Amazon)
Total: $1431.92

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

@PC HEROES Hello!

First of all, thank you for making this build! Overall i'm happy with what you came up, it's a huge upgrade from my current build!

I'd like to mention a few things tho:

1. Since my wife wants her case to be white, most likely I'll have to keep my current case, which is fractal design meshify c black, or sell it and buy something new (looking at fractal design north right now, it looks amazing with my wooden desk, but sadly I found it only for 257$ which is insane).

2. I think this time I want my build to be total black and non-rgb, got tired managing all the cables of rgb fans with it's hub and white cable extensions when I was building my pc last time. I just want it to look simple and clean.

Now to the questions 馃檪

I see a lot of adata products in your list, is it due to limited choise of products on dns platform or they're just generally good? During research on what ssd to buy when I was building my pc, I went through multiple reviews saying that you should be careful buying adata products.. But it was quite some time ago and I don't really know if things are the same right now.

If i would upgrade in, let's say, 2-4 years from now, could my psu handle it or it's better to go for a ~1.000W now (mostly because of gpu, or am I being a bit crazy?)? I think the upgrade mainly would be to replace just cpu and gpu..

So taking all this into consideration, what would you replace on your list? Also I think you can just choose whatever you want first and then i'll check whether or not I'll be able to buy it in my country and if not i'll let you know so we can get something different then.

Also, I found Sapphire AMD RX 7800 XT Nitro+ because I thought it looks better, but now im not that sure since it's more like silver, not black, also it has the same price as gigabyte that you chose.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor聽 ($219.00 @ Newegg) - 229$
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG620 BK ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler聽 ($49.99 @ Newegg) - 61$
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard聽 ($208.00 @ Amazon) - 325$
Memory: ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory聽 ($194.77 @ Amazon) - 181$
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive聽 ($139.99 @ Amazon) - 168$
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card聽 ($499.99 @ Newegg) - 784$
Case: ADATA XPG VALOR MESH ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case - 85$
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply聽 ($120.18 @ Amazon) - 157$

Total: 1990$ (converting from rub to usd). It's funny how different prices for mobo and gpu are..)

It's still fine tho, since I can buy Sapphire AMD RX 7800 XT Nitro+ for 324$ and cover the rest with my bonuses on other platform.

1 hour ago, exxxydawg said:

@PC HEROES Hello!

First of all, thank you for making this build! Overall i'm happy with what you came up, it's a huge upgrade from my current build!

I'd like to mention a few things tho:

1. Since my wife wants her case to be white, most likely I'll have to keep my current case, which is fractal design meshify c black, or sell it and buy something new (looking at fractal design north right now, it looks amazing with my wooden desk, but sadly I found it only for 257$ which is insane).

2. I think this time I want my build to be total black and non-rgb, got tired managing all the cables of rgb fans with it's hub and white cable extensions when I was building my pc last time. I just want it to look simple and clean.

Now to the questions 馃檪

I see a lot of adata products in your list, is it due to limited choise of products on dns platform or they're just generally good? During research on what ssd to buy when I was building my pc, I went through multiple reviews saying that you should be careful buying adata products.. But it was quite some time ago and I don't really know if things are the same right now.

If i would upgrade in, let's say, 2-4 years from now, could my psu handle it or it's better to go for a ~1.000W now (mostly because of gpu, or am I being a bit crazy?)? I think the upgrade mainly would be to replace just cpu and gpu..

So taking all this into consideration, what would you replace on your list? Also I think you can just choose whatever you want first and then i'll check whether or not I'll be able to buy it in my country and if not i'll let you know so we can get something different then.

Also, I found Sapphire AMD RX 7800 XT Nitro+ because I thought it looks better, but now im not that sure since it's more like silver, not black, also it has the same price as gigabyte that you chose.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor聽 ($219.00 @ Newegg) - 229$
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG620 BK ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler聽 ($49.99 @ Newegg) - 61$
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard聽 ($208.00 @ Amazon) - 325$
Memory: ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory聽 ($194.77 @ Amazon) - 181$
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive聽 ($139.99 @ Amazon) - 168$
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card聽 ($499.99 @ Newegg) - 784$
Case: ADATA XPG VALOR MESH ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case - 85$
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply聽 ($120.18 @ Amazon) - 157$

Total: 1990$ (converting from rub to usd). It's funny how different prices for mobo and gpu are..)

It's still fine tho, since I can buy Sapphire AMD RX 7800 XT Nitro+ for 324$ and cover the rest with my bonuses on other platform.

I have been using ADATA XPG products for about 2 years now and so far no problems. The XPG Line of Products is there "Gamer" Brand and it works really well. I did replace the Case and added 2 more Fans to it for better Cooling, I switched out the CPU Cooler and changed it to a 1000w PSU for your "Blackout" Build with No RGB. Here is the Link.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

All Black PC - No RGB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor聽
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C Performance ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan

This is your Wife's All White PC. I could not find a White PSU. If you can try and find a White PSU Cable Extension Kit, I will link one below so that you can see what I mean. Just make sure that it has the 16-Pin PCIe 12+4-Pin 12VHPWR Connector so that it will Power the GPU.

All White PC

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor聽
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING SE-226-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 AORUS PRO X ATX LGA1700 Motherboard聽
Memory: Kingston Renegade Silver 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory聽
Storage: Kingston Fury Renegade 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte AERO OC GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB Video Card聽
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III ATX Mid Tower Case聽
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply聽

EZDIY-FAB PCIE 5.0 12VHPWR Sleeved Cable Kit White

71avB0rUhBL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.967c5cb5f04b4d74714e3bb6614b8771.jpg

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772