Missing speaker wire screws and bridge plates - how best to wire?

Hi all! Bought some used speakers and one of them is missing two of the four screws that hold down the speaker wire but on opposite sides (one on top, one on bottom). A picture for reference is below. I had no intention of biwiring them anyway so I'm just trying to work out the best way to wire these with a single cable? I was thinking of looping the cable around the bare posts and back through the screw tightly enough which should serve for at least a temporary solution?

image.thumb.jpeg.fa2feac5fd40392fd6d6a4a2cffcb9c9.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Ginger Penguin said:

I was thinking of looping the cable around the bare posts and back through the screw tightly enough which should serve for at least a temporary solution?

Binding posts are inexpensive, why not just replace them?

14 minutes ago, Ginger Penguin said:

I was thinking of looping the cable around the bare posts and back through the screw tightly enough which should serve for at least a temporary solution?

Or pay the hardware store a visit and get some M4 nuts (or whatever thread is on the posts, just take one of the existing nuts with you as a reference), that would also work as a permanent solution.

The best solution is of course what @OhioYJ said.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

10 hours ago, Ginger Penguin said:

Hi all! Bought some used speakers and one of them is missing two of the four screws that hold down the speaker wire but on opposite sides (one on top, one on bottom). A picture for reference is below. I had no intention of biwiring them anyway so I'm just trying to work out the best way to wire these with a single cable? I was thinking of looping the cable around the bare posts and back through the screw tightly enough which should serve for at least a temporary solution?

image.thumb.jpeg.fa2feac5fd40392fd6d6a4a2cffcb9c9.jpeg

Maybe go to the manufactures website and see what they have to offer with replacement parts. Even if you don't buy from them at least you'll know exactly what you need.