Best 55inch-65inch tv for £700

IR76
Go to solution Solved by EwanJ,
14 hours ago, IR76 said:

4k Ultra HDR. 3,840 x 2,160 and suggest any company you want but preferably either LG or Samsung as I know Samsung tvs last ages based on the other ones i have. 

Yeah, sorry for the late ass reply I literally just past out haha specially with the snow i had to grit out all my parents driveway. Yeah I found one for under with the rated specs you were looking for, you could invest to an actual sound bar aswell with it

LG 55UR91006LA (2023) LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55 inch with Freeview Play/Freesat HD, Ashed Blue (johnlewis.com)

I have been given a budget of £700 and I have to purchase it from John Lewis (there are reasons) I'm trying to find the best TV, currently I'm choosing Samsung and I've narrowed it down to three choices and I can't figure out which is best? 55inch is the bare minimum size I would like to go. 
https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/cu7100-65-inch-ue65cu7100kxxu/#specs
https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/cu8000-65-inch-ue65cu8000kxxu/#specs
https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhd-4k-tv/cu8500-65-inch-ue65cu8500kxxu/#specs
Unfortunately, they are all only 50 hertz but I don't know if there are other TV options on John Lewis with higher hertz, if you know of any please let me know. 
https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/electricals/televisions/view-all-tvs/samsung/price=160-550/price=590-900/_/N-6srfZ1z13z13?price=590-900,160-550&priceBands=160-550,590-900,990-1400,1490-2800,2990-5800

As a brit, John Lewis is one of the worst places to go for imo, even in store the prices are god awful.

Hiya - Engineering Apprentice - Computer Enthusiast 

1 minute ago, EwanJ said:

As a brit, John Lewis is one of the worst places to go for imo, even in store the prices are god awful.

We have a TV that's just gone bad but just before the end of its warranty so they have given us money (based on something I don't quite understand how they judge it) so I have to buy it from them and I just pay the difference. 

Just now, IR76 said:

We have a TV that's just gone bad but just before the end of its warranty so they have given us money (based on something I don't quite understand how they judge it) so I have to buy it from them and I just pay the difference. 

Okay, that's not as bad, what video console do you play and what do you want to do with the TV?

Also are you dead set on Samsung, is it for the features or? What resolution what you like and what features are you wanting

Just now, EwanJ said:

Okay, that's not as bad, what video console do you play and what do you want to do with the TV?

Xbox and PlayStation and watch action films, shows like the Witcher and pretty much a wide selection of film genres. 

1 minute ago, EwanJ said:

Also are you dead set on Samsung, is it for the features or? What resolution what you like and what features are you wanting

4k Ultra HDR. 3,840 x 2,160 and suggest any company you want but preferably either LG or Samsung as I know Samsung tvs last ages based on the other ones i have. 

14 hours ago, IR76 said:

Yeah, sorry for the late ass reply I literally just past out haha specially with the snow i had to grit out all my parents driveway. Yeah I found one for under with the rated specs you were looking for, you could invest to an actual sound bar aswell with it

LG 55UR91006LA (2023) LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55 inch with Freeview Play/Freesat HD, Ashed Blue (johnlewis.com)