Help with connections PC / Macbook - New monitor

HumdrumPenguin

Hi,

I bought a AW3225QF monitor when it came out, and I was looking into how to better connect my computers to it. My PC has a 4090 SUPRIM X, and the Macbook Pro I use for work is the 16" M1 Pro model from 2021. The Macbook doesn't have HDMI 2.1, and it can only send a 4k 120hz signal via one of its USB C ports, so I need a USB C to DP cable. The monitor only has one DP input, so I'd need to use the HDMI 2.1 output from my graphics card. According to Dell's website, here are the relevant specs on the Alienware monitor: 

• 1x DP 1.4 (HDCP 1.4 & 2.3)(Supports up to 3840 x 2160 240 Hz, DSC, HDR)
  • 2 x HDMI 2.1 (HDCP 1.4 & 2.3)(Supports up to 3840 x 2160 240 Hz FRL, HDR, VRR as per specified in HDMI 2.1) (including 1x HDMI 2.1 FRL with eARC - to support Dolby ATMOS signal pass-through)

Would I be losing any performance or feature like G-sync compatible from my PC if HDMI 2.1 is used? Would I get anything beyond 4k 120hz from the Mac by using a USB C to DP 1.4 cable? Please note that through DP the monitor uses DSC to achieve super high refresh rate at 4k with HDR enabled, while using FRL through HDMI for what I believe to be the same results.

Thanks!

PS.: I'm trying to understand the connections prior to buying the cable, and the monitor takes 10 business days to arrive here in Vancouver, 5 business days on customs, 5 business days in transportation. Dell is sending these from America, even if buying from the Canadian store 😞