Custom Display using Old Car Gauges. Need help

motomoto11

I came up with an idea I want to do with my computer. I have been looking for cheap upgrades and cheap projects to do, and I came up with the idea to put car gauges into a bay cover I have on my computer. 

I want to start off with putting voltage gauges http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Auto-Meter-8-to-18-Volt-red-pointer-American-Muscle-voltmeter-gauge/_/N-25l7?itemIdentifier=966745_0_0_ into the computer. I think I would

hook them up to the fans using either the molex connector or 3 pin fan connector. Molex provides more power, hitting 12 volts or so. I'll think about how I want to do the volt gauge, but if anyone has an idea for the volt gauge, let me know.

I also wanted to put a temperature gauge in, but I think I would have to just go fully digital with it. I really like the old school gauges, but the way they work won't work for the build, unless I were to do witch craft. 

Another idea the came up was to have a RPM gauge somehow be connected to the processor speed. This would have to be done though software, but it would be awesome. I have a h100i, and my thought on it was that if I connect the RPM

gauge to one of the fan connectors on the h100i, and just have it be ran off that, maybe it could work for just how fast the fans were spinning. If anyone has done something like this, and has some tips and tricks, I would greatly appreciate it if you helped me out. Thanks!

sounds awesome!  Looking forward to your progress.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0