Going blank green screen while gaming, then got another error!

Hi,

I m having an problem. So, it goes like this

This strangely started appearing when I downloaded game Assetto Corsa. In that game I ve got green screen that can go back to the normal view and again happends. So I noticed that just when playing assetto corsa. But, from that, it happened in another game today. In game named Squad. I have been playing squad for few years, and never had this issue. For now in League of Legends, this never happened, before and now from assetto corsa also game was working fine. It looks like Steam games are causing this. 

I mean I didnt clean my PC few months I can say. Also thermal paste wasnt changed In maybe year or a two. But this never happened.

Today after PC restart, I got error message about cpu overheat. 

I mean it isnt cleaned, its winter and my home heating system is behind pc but not to it, under it, to the table on which pc is. But like I said, that didnt happend never, and I have this PC so long.

CPU is old, but is performing very well for all my needings. 

Here are specs:

Intel i7 2600 4.0Ghz 4C 8T

RAM 16GB HyperX DDR3

SSD

HDD

PSU 550Watt

RX 570 4GB

It is connected trough HDMI, on TV screen 32Inch Samsung. 

IMG_4169.jpeg

Did you get the chance to measure your CPU temps during the game and especially during the green screen problem?

Regardless, I think the most direct primary solution right now would be all the hardware related things - cleaning your PC, checking your cooling solution especially fans, and replace thermal paste. At least do the first two things and see if things go back to normal if you can't change the paste right away but I still recommend changing it some time soon.

8 minutes ago, HeyCrest said:

Did you get the chance to measure your CPU temps during the game and especially during the green screen problem?

Regardless, I think the most direct primary solution right now would be all the hardware related things - cleaning your PC, checking your cooling solution especially fans, and replace thermal paste. At least do the first two things and see if things go back to normal if you can't change the paste right away but I still recommend changing it some time soon.

Thank you on fast reply. 

Yeah, first two things are must to do.

As you can see it is very dirty, upps. 

It is stock cooler, so if I can just know if an better cooler will fix the problem it would be awesome. But firstly I will clean up and change the paste, I have an Thermal paste that I used, do they have date of expiring?

I m sorry that someone who sees the topic need to wait 2-3 days to see if that helped. Because I wont be home, and would do it when get to it. 

But also, everyone who have different solutions, write them down. Also if someone had issue with steam, steam games. Because how I mentioned, it happends only to the games that are running from steam. Maybe something is loading cpu hardly that is runned by steam. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm not sure if the paste expires. But yeah, you definitely need to clean and also pay attention to the cooling systems.

Could it be possible that Steam is just a coincidence and it just so happened that Steam games you tested happened to also be the games that are performance-demanding and the non-Steam games were not so much? I am not sure.

9 minutes ago, HeyCrest said:

I'm not sure if the paste expires. But yeah, you definitely need to clean and also pay attention to the cooling systems.

Could it be possible that Steam is just a coincidence and it just so happened that Steam games you tested happened to also be the games that are performance-demanding and the non-Steam games were not so much? I am not sure.

It can be, I mean Squad is most perf-demanding out of 3 games I have played. But like I said, never been problem on it, till I have installed Assetto Corsa, that is not that if fps unlocked it goes 150 avg fps. It is quite old game. But here are the photos I have cleaned old thermal paste, and it will apply new when I get back to "main" home haha. Will update this topic after I do that. 

IMG_4171.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

So I have applied thermal paste, cleaned all. And Connected PC, it runs fine. No noise, no green screen. And when I wanted to shut down, Windows Update appeard. Update & Shutdown then. Ok... I went to sleep and this morning I'm starting my pc and randomly on few seconds again same green screen, I download HWMonitor, and temps are normal. CPU 25 35 Celsious. So I think its fcking Windows Update because it started to be so often. I went to cmd and runned something chkdsk I think. Restarted, also HDMI cable been connected to Hdmi 2 (dvi) and I connected it now to Hdmi 1 (stb). Now it has no green screen, yesterday also didnt. Just when I first time after update runned my pc. 

Dont really know what it is, and also I deleted from Disk Cleanup that Windows Update Cleanup...