Trick Computer Into Thinking One Monitor Is Another (EDID Spoofing)?

JohnSmith2
Is there any kind of adapter I can attach between a monitor's HDMI input port and an HDMI cable that can trick any computer into thinking it's a different kind of monitor than it actually is? Essentially, I want to copy the EDID information from one monitor, write it to an adapter, and then spoof it on another monitor. For example, I want my Asus VX288 to show up as an LG 43UN700-B (specifically when the LG is in 1080p 60hz mode).

I don't think this would cause any issues since they both run in 1080p 60hz, so there wouldn't be a resolution or framerate mismatch.

Why? Long story:

I have a bunch of computers that I hook up through an HDMI matrix and output the display to an LG 43UN700-B through its four HDMI input ports. Because the LG supports PBP mode, I can view all four in 1080P resolution simultaneously, and the HDMI matrix allows me to switch which quadrant each laptop appears in seamlessly. Because the HDMI matrix (a tesmart) supports EDID emulation, each laptop doesn't treat it as though a monitor is being unplugged and plugged back in each time I switch quadrants. This is desirable because otherwise all of my open programs and windows get shuffled around.

I want to add a fifth laptop, but I need to add another monitor to be able to see all 5 of them simultaneously. The issue is that because it is a different kind (an Asus), Windows detects the monitor as being disconnected when I use the HDMI matrix to move one computer from the Asus to the LG, or vice versa. This doesn't happen when I use the HDMI matrix to move quadrants within the LG, because each HDMI port on the LG 43 has the exact same EDID information.
I need to actively monitor what is happening on ALL of the laptops 24/7, and I need to be able to switch between them at a moment's notice. So there are only two solutions I can think of:
  • Buy another LG 43; but I absolutely do not have room for it, so it's not really a solution
  • Somehow trick the computer into thinking the Asus is the LG; but I don't know if this is possible

I'm not familiar with this product but I think it could help in your situation. It does EDID emulation. EDID Modifier Rewriter. Contact them and see if it will do what you need. I think LTT has worked with this vendor before, if not LTT then it was another YT tech person.