Computer Speakers Recomendations

TheDoctor14

Looking for a good set of speakers for my computer. I will pretty much be only using them when no one else is on and I don't want to put on a headset. I am looking for either a 2.0 or 2.1 system. I am looking to spend under about $300USD. Currently considering the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s but wanted to get some more recomendations first and maybe something that could arrive faster if possible. Any recommendations would be appreciated thanks in advance

I just picked up the Audioengine A2+ in open box for $160 and I'm decently impressed. I had much larger speakers but they just take up way too much room on my desk, so I wanted some smaller. They aren't the best or the worst. The open box version are a great deal for this set.

7 minutes ago, johnt said:

I just picked up the Audioengine A2+ in open box for $160 and I'm decently impressed. I had much larger speakers but they just take up way too much room on my desk, so I wanted some smaller. They aren't the best or the worst. The open box version are a great deal for this set.

thanks also would it be a bad idea to put the speakers on their side i wouldnt think so but just checking

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor14 said:

thanks also would it be a bad idea to put the speakers on their side i wouldnt think so but just checking

Having owned the same model and done the same thing...

"Technically" sounds worse, realistically could not tell the difference.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Just now, saintlouisbagels said:

Having owned the same model and done the same thing...

"Technically" sounds worse, realistically could not tell the difference.

thats what i thought also do you know if they have c clamp stands that i could use to raise them over my speakers because that is what i would prefer

more specifically do they have the 1/4 or 3/8  hole on them bottom of them

24 minutes ago, TheDoctor14 said:

thats what i thought also do you know if they have c clamp stands that i could use to raise them over my speakers because that is what i would prefer

unsure

I guess that means you have limited space?

For $300 I would recommend these bad boys for $129/ea (you need to buy 2)

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Professional-Next-Generation-Powered-305PMKII/

You could also find a desktop volume knob to control the speakers instead of relying on Windows audio controls... but I just spent the last 15min trying to find a good option on Amazon and it seems like an underserved market. The only one that looks great would be Schiit's SYS but it's $75....

https://www.amazon.com/Schiit-SYS-Control-2-Input-Switch/dp/B00K6Q2A4C/

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor14 said:

they do not

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

There are only 2 options here that i have tried and consider good (please note you will need to buy 2) JBL 305 are a very safe pick, for PC use imo the best option is Kali LP6 and LP6 V2, they have better staging and imaging than the 305 within roughly 2 metres of listening range. If you are likely to have multiple listening positions that are a decent distance away from the speakers then 305 are probably the right call. Don't be afraid to buy used speakers, in order to get decent volume and ease of use an external amp is probably a good idea, both speakers i listed are powered bookshelves so they don't need insane power like comparable size passive speakers would, only amps that look good in a rough budget you might have left is a Schiit SYS but if you can find one used a Schiit Magni is what i'd go for.

2 hours ago, TheDoctor14 said:

Unfortunately they no longer come with a hole underneath. The original model did and the manual (even the modern manual) says they do, but I can confirm that the speakers do not have a hole underneath.

2 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

For $300 I would recommend these bad boys for $129/ea (you need to buy 2)

Technically better speakers, but they are significantly larger. And you are correct, he needs a separate volume control to operate both at the same time. I was trying to keep it simple for him...

Thanks for the help everyone the a2+ came in today and i am very happy with them