Possible PSU issue

OmegaRa

Ok, so here are my specs and then the issues. MSI Meg Unify x570, Ryzen 5950x (used), G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (x2), Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 1 TB main drive and Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2 TB secondary drive, with a used Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB GPU, all powered by a USED SeaSonic FOCUS GX 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply. 

So I used to have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 board and 32GB total of Trident Z neo 3600 CL16 RAM. I kept having random reboots, etc. I did the Windows memory diagnostic and had it fail and say hardware issues. I bought the new RAM (above) and when I put it in the computer booted and I turned on XMP and then the computer seemed to have died (black screen, just fans). I tried clearing the bios, etc...nothing. So I bought the MEG board above. So new MB and new RAM, everything booted fine and seemed to be great. But here we are a month or two later, and my PC is starting to randomly reboot again. No updates, etc, just reboots. Plus sometimes the monitors go to sleep and won't wake. It SEEMS like the PC itself is still humming along normally, but can't get the monitors to wake. 

So, here's the rub. Not sure where the problem lies here. Could it be the Used CPU, used GPU, or used PSU...the RAM and MOBO are brand new and the cooler is a Dark Rock Pro 4, so cooling isn't an issue on the CPU side. Idles in the low 40's and haven't seen it get too high in games. 

So, I need some advice. Where are my next troubleshooting steps? Should I replace the PSU? 

Here is a link to my PCPartpicker list of this build. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/OmegaRa/saved/#view=P7prHx

Welcome to the forums!
What does event viewer say about the reboot? I assume there was no bluescreen, just use PC -> PC off, if there were BSODs, use bluescreenview to look at them
What happens when you stress test? Use furmark and cinebench on loops, check that everything is maxxed, and wait an hour.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

These are the errors from this morning 

The previous system shutdown at 6:44:43 AM on ‎1/‎4/‎2024 was unexpected.

The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error: 
The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.

The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 15

The details view of this entry contains further information

The GameInput errors repeat multiple times after that then 

The server {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

So, I did the DISM stuff and ScanHealth found repairable issues, so I did the online restorehealth, so hopefully that will help things. We'll see.

The DISM repair has not fixed the issue. I am thinking there is a hardware issue somewhere. Not sure if it is a PSU or CPU issue

• 3 weeks later...

So, tentatively it is looking like my GPU. I replaced the PSU and the problem persisted. I swapped my GPU (Gigabyte 6900XT) with and old EVGA GTX 960 and so far it hasn't rebooted or locked up. I have a Kryosheet coming in a couple days because I want to check the CPU pins (had a small amount of thermal paste that I am pretty sure I cleaned off) and then we'll see. If I don't have any issues I may just get a new GPU and not a used one.

On 1/4/2024 at 10:15 AM, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
What does event viewer say about the reboot? I assume there was no bluescreen, just use PC -> PC off, if there were BSODs, use bluescreenview to look at them
What happens when you stress test? Use furmark and cinebench on loops, check that everything is maxxed, and wait an hour.

Oh, forgot to mention. The Cinebench 10 minute loop worked flawless. didn't try furmark. 

24 minutes ago, OmegaRa said:

So, tentatively it is looking like my GPU. I replaced the PSU and the problem persisted. I swapped my GPU (Gigabyte 6900XT) with and old EVGA GTX 960 and so far it hasn't rebooted or locked up. I have a Kryosheet coming in a couple days because I want to check the CPU pins (had a small amount of thermal paste that I am pretty sure I cleaned off) and then we'll see. If I don't have any issues I may just get a new GPU and not a used one.

Can you download HWInfo then post the GPU sensors tab after a longish session (atleast 10 minutes)

of furmark? 

6900XT's run hot and we might be able to identify a problem.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

Ok, so reinstalled the 6900XT after doing a DDU for the NVidia. Once I installed the drivers once again, boot issues. One of the reasons I thought to try a new GPU was sometimes I would hear the Windows boot sound, but had no image. So, after getting back into Windows I ran furmark for 15 minutes with HWInfo64 sensors running. I attached the screenshot. Hot spot of 101, but over all max temp of 81. But I feel like it has more to do with the boards power distribution or something.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 091235.png

Another thing I forgot to mention. The PC never really reboots on me WHILE I use it. It seems to do it after the monitors shut off. It will sit idle for a bit and never wake, or just reboot. 

EDIT: Oh and I am sure it isn't the PSU as I swapped it out with a brand new Corsair RM1000x 80+ gold from the Seasonic just to check.