WHAT MOTHERBOARD DO I GET??????? HOW DO I MAKE MY BUILD CHEAPER???? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Budget (including currency): 1.5k -2k AUD: Approx 1.8k - Only would do 2k if really had to but not that comfortable with the idea

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, 3D Modelling

I'm struggling to find the best type of motherboard with wifi/adapter that is more on the budget side because I'm not sure how the motherboards without the wifi adapter work. This was my original plan but with peripherals it's starting to get too expensive however I need to keep the i7 Intel or something with equal performance. 

Here's what I originally planned but the motherboard does not have a wifi antenna: Any suggestions that make the build cheaper and more proficient will be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($354.62 @ Amazon Australia) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($50.00 @ Scorptec) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690M Aorus Elite DDR4 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ PCCaseGear) -- Still need antenna or something - to make it easier would rather wifi adapter included.
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($78.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Lexar NM790 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($95.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Video Card: PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($490.70 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($145.00 @ Centre Com) 
Mouse: Logitech G305 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Optical Mouse 

Monitor: Acer Nitro ED270UP2 27" Curved QHD FreeSync Premium 170Hz 1MS VA W-LED Gaming Monitor ($199 @ PLEComputers)
Total: $1760.32 ---> Antenna would need to be added, keyboard and mouse pad + ALL SHIPPING COSTS

Have you considered a PCIe Wifi card?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

2 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Have you considered a PCIe Wifi card?

Honestly I'm not sure how it works that well although I've looked into it a bit. My brother bought a motherboard that came with an antenna. Does the card bypass that?

2 minutes ago, Thomas Wellings said:

Honestly I'm not sure how it works that well although I've looked into it a bit. My brother bought a motherboard that came with an antenna. Does the card bypass that?

The same way any PCIe device (graphics card, USB expansion) works.

Plug it in. Maybe install drivers if they're not automatically detected by the computer.

If the motherboard has the threads for an antenna, then it supports wi-fi already.

If it doesn't, then you'll either need to buy a USB wifi adapter, or a PCIe wifi card.

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 minute ago, saintlouisbagels said:

The same way any PCIe device (graphics card, USB expansion) works.

Plug it in. Maybe install drivers if they're not automatically detected by the computer.

Is it the same as having an antenna?

4 minutes ago, Thomas Wellings said:

Is it the same as having an antenna?

The antenna is what allows the the wifi card to obtain a signal.

Laptops and smartphones have "internal antennas" that give them a signal.

Most desktop computers still rely on external antennas to fulfill that job.

The antenna is what allows the wifi card (whether it's from the motherboard or from the PCIe card) to obtain a signal.

Yeah ok that it what I gathered by thank you for confirming that. The  Gigabyte Z690M Aorus Elite DDR4 Motherboard has Wifi Connectivity. But when I was looking at it I could not see any threads to connect an antenna and I couldn't find a good antenna for a good price and was wondering if there's an alternate motherboard I could use that comes with the antenna.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Wellings said:

Yeah ok that it what I gathered by thank you for confirming that. The  Gigabyte Z690M Aorus Elite DDR4 Motherboard has Wifi Connectivity. But when I was looking at it I could not see any threads to connect an antenna and I couldn't find a good antenna for a good price and was wondering if there's an alternate motherboard I could use that comes with the antenna.

What makes you think it has on-board wifi..?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690M-AORUS-ELITE-DDR4-rev-10#kf

What makes you think it has on-board wifi..?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690M-AORUS-ELITE-DDR4-rev-10#kf

OH MY GOSH. THE WEBSITE I WAS GONNA BUY IT FROM SAID IT HAD WIFI CONNECTIVITY AND WHEN I WENT TO ONFIRM I WAS LOOKING AT A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT MODEL. IM ACTUALLY SO STUPID. i guess i have to start from scratch to find a good motherboard... Any ideas... my b btw

23 minutes ago, Thomas Wellings said:

Budget (including currency): 1.5k -2k AUD: Approx 1.8k - Only would do 2k if really had to but not that comfortable with the idea

And if you consider a UD Z790 so that you can upgrade to i9 14900k later?

3 minutes ago, Alan Mattano said:

It might be a bit too much for now price wise. But is there a micro atx version that might have it cheaper or nah?