Bought a NZXT C750 Gold V1. It turns out to be old stock. Should I cancel the order?

thejoulethief

Saw a decent deal on it at an online retailer in my country, cross-checked the model with the PSU tier list, which said it was a tier A psu -- so I bought it. 

It's only now that I noticed the footnote on the tier list indicating that this PSU has been discontinued and any listing I find for it will be old stock. So I called up the retailer and they confirmed that the manufacturing date is Nov 2021, which makes it a bit more than 2 years old. 

Should I be concerned that the caps and any other components on the PSU will have degraded in this time? It does come with a 10 year warranty so I'm inclined to think that it will be fine and I should just keep it. 

Yeah, it's the old model C750 Gold and EOL for about 2 years. The V1 is a Seasonic Focus inside so there were some corners cut on quality and fancontrol. There's no C750 Gold V2 available? That one is much better.

45 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Yeah, it's the old model C750 Gold and EOL for about 2 years. The V1 is a Seasonic Focus inside so there were some corners cut on quality and fancontrol. There's no C750 Gold V2 available? That one is much better.

Nope. Most places are either selling the V1 or out of stock. My other options are limited to:

1) MSI MAG A750GL -- decided against because the A-GL series is not mentioned in the tier list
2) Corsair RM RM750e for $10 more -- decided against because I saw a bunch of negative reviews about its reliability
3) Thermaltake Toughpower GF 850 for $10 more - not mentioned in the tier list 
4) Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 V2 -- B tier according to the list. 

Which is why I chose this one. Otherwise the tomshardware review of the V1 seems to make it look like a decent deal. The fan getting noisy is okay with me as I'm usually in a pretty noisy environment anyway. Are there any other corners that were cut? 

2 hours ago, thejoulethief said:

Should I be concerned that the caps and any other components on the PSU will have degraded in this time? It does come with a 10 year warranty so I'm inclined to think that it will be fine and I should just keep it. 

Nah it's fine. It's just a seasonic focus which is a good psu.

Whats the price for this one?

Where are you buying from?

What are you systems specs?