New Ryzen 4600G pc wont post

Chrysis

Hi, so I am currently building a new PC that uses a Ryzen 5 4600g but I cannot get it to post for the life of me (see picture below). It uses a Pico Psu as a power source and Gskill Ripjaws ddr4-2133 ram. I have it connected to a monitor that I know works and I tried both HDMI and DP to get an image. When I jump the power pins the cpu fan starts spinning like normal but nothing else will happen after. Here what I have tried already :

- Reseating CPU

- Trying all possible RAM configurations (1 and 2 stick(s))
- Resetting CMOS by jumping the two pins

- Trying with another set of RAM sticks (Gskill Ripjaws ddr4-3200)

Note that all components are new. Right now I feel like there might be a compatibility problem between Gskill Ripjaw ddr4 ram and the Ryzen 5 4600g

Thanks 

PXL_20231223_215858908.jpg

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Do you have any debug LEDs on the motherboard?

No, sorry I forgot to mention the motherboard is a gigabyte A520I AC mini ATX mobo

1 minute ago, Chrysis said:

No, sorry I forgot to mention the motherboard is a gigabyte A520I AC mini ATX mobo

It's possible your motherboard BIOS doesn't support the 4000-series Ryzen CPUs.

What's your power supply like?
It looks like there's a cable outside the case that runs inside, and then there's an adapter to connect to the 24pin ATX header? Are you able to test the system outside the case with a standard ATX power supply, plugged directly into the motherboard?

This seems like a dumb question, but is the monitor plugged in and powered on?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's possible your motherboard BIOS doesn't support the 4000-series Ryzen CPUs.

What's your power supply like?
It looks like there's a cable outside the case that runs inside, and then there's an adapter to connect to the 24pin ATX header? Are you able to test the system outside the case with a standard ATX power supply, plugged directly into the motherboard?

This seems like a dumb question, but is the monitor plugged in and powered on?

How would I go about checking if I have the right version?

It's a Pico psu so I have a 12V power supply that feeds into the case to the Pico psu. I do have a standard power supply in my main PC that I could use it would just be quite the hassle and I really doubt that is the issue. Yeah the monitor is all good!

According to Gigabyte it does support it.
Make sure though to doublecheck and see for yourself and bear in mind the exact model AND revision of the board matters, get the info from your board, go to Gigabyte's website and check it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

7 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

According to Gigabyte it does support it.
Make sure though to doublecheck and see for yourself and bear in mind the exact model AND revision of the board matters, get the info from your board, go to Gigabyte's website and check it.

Yeah I just double checked it's the Rev 1.4 which is compatible

Sometimes board that use the CPU's ability to act as a GPU can be stubborn.
Have you tried it with a GPU card as well?

I found about this with one I have that's an iGPU chip (Athlon 220GE) and talk about problems getting it to do anything, but in the end that's what it was.

Be sure to test it with and without a GPU, plus make sure things like the cable to the monitor is OK and also be sure the monitor is set for the correct input setting/port such as DVI 1 or DVI 2. Most of the time a monitor will detect and switch itself to the correct port but there are a few that won't - At least not as easily as you'd think.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Sometimes board that use the CPU's ability to act as a GPU can be stubborn.
Have you tried it with a GPU card as well?

I found about this with one I have that's an iGPU chip (Athlon 220GE) and talk about problems getting it to do anything, but in the end that's what it was.

Be sure to test it with and without a GPU, plus make sure things like the cable to the monitor is OK and also be sure the monitor is set for the correct input setting/port such as DVI 1 or DVI 2. Most of the time a monitor will detect and switch itself to the correct port but there are a few that won't - At least not as easily as you'd think.

Yeah, I figured it might be related to the e-gpu situation knowing it's amd I wouldn't be surprised honestly lol. I should try with a GPU and I do have one to try just no way to power it easily! I will give it a try soon and get back to you. For the monitor, I'm 100% sure it's the right input so it cannot be that

• 2 weeks later...

So after some troubleshooting I realised I made a dumb error. So the pico-psu has a cpu power 4 pins connector but since the motherboard has 8 pins I did not think they were compatible, thus the cpu had no power. However, I learned you can use only 4 of the pins and so I did that and now I can hear it trying to boot but still no image. It makes a noise like it's trying to start but after a couple of seconds, it dies down and then goes again. I wonder if the cpu needs all 8 pins of power because it sounds like it lacks power to boot.

Any ideas?

Thanks