Very Weird Mic Problems

Hey everybody, I was using discord yesterday with some friends, and, out of nowhere my mic stopped working. I tried everything I know, I updated my drivers and also rolled them back, I disabled and enabled the mic from device admin, tried switching from rear to front panel, tried another mic just to check and it also didn´t work. In one of my tries, when I disabled and enabled the device it started to work as normal but it got cutoff again after 5 seconds, and everytime I test the mic I only hear static and sometimes my voice but also after a couple of seconds it cuts off to silence. I looked through the internet and have encountered people who have the same problem but solved it updating the drivers. My motherboard is a gigabyte H470M H and my headset is a Hyperx cloud stinger. Oh, and I tried switching some things from the realtek interface but it doesn´t really change anything. I hope somebody has an idea of what the problem is or at least some solution, I´d be very thankful for it.

5 hours ago, John369 said:

Hey everybody, I was using discord yesterday with some friends, and, out of nowhere my mic stopped working. I tried everything I know, I updated my drivers and also rolled them back, I disabled and enabled the mic from device admin, tried switching from rear to front panel, tried another mic just to check and it also didn´t work. In one of my tries, when I disabled and enabled the device it started to work as normal but it got cutoff again after 5 seconds, and everytime I test the mic I only hear static and sometimes my voice but also after a couple of seconds it cuts off to silence. I looked through the internet and have encountered people who have the same problem but solved it updating the drivers. My motherboard is a gigabyte H470M H and my headset is a Hyperx cloud stinger. Oh, and I tried switching some things from the realtek interface but it doesn´t really change anything. I hope somebody has an idea of what the problem is or at least some solution, I´d be very thankful for it.

1. Make sure Windows is up-to-date
  2. Not sure where you were getting drivers from, but go to your motherboard site and download & install the latest drivers for:
    Intel INF installation
    Intel Serial I/O driver
    Realtek HD Audio Driver
  3. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version (to resolve any HDMI audio device driver conflicts)
  4. Make sure you have the correct audio device selected

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

47 minutes ago, problemsolver said:
  1. Make sure Windows is up-to-date
  2. Not sure where you were getting drivers from, but go to your motherboard site and download & install the latest drivers for:
    Intel INF installation
    Intel Serial I/O driver
    Realtek HD Audio Driver
  3. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version (to resolve any HDMI audio device driver conflicts)
  4. Make sure you have the correct audio device selected

Thanks for the help, I just finished trying these and it couldn´t fix it. I also stopped some services and started them up again, and tried repairing files but the cmd didn´t find any to fix. Another interesting thing is that when I set the mic to max volume and test it in discord all I hear is a little static and then pure silence. I´m currently waiting on an answer from both Gigabyte and Realtek support. If they send me any solution I´ll upload it here. In the meanwhile I hope I receive more suggestions from this site. 

25 minutes ago, John369 said:

Thanks for the help, I just finished trying these and it couldn´t fix it. I also stopped some services and started them up again, and tried repairing files but the cmd didn´t find any to fix. Another interesting thing is that when I set the mic to max volume and test it in discord all I hear is a little static and then pure silence. I´m currently waiting on an answer from both Gigabyte and Realtek support. If they send me any solution I´ll upload it here. In the meanwhile I hope I receive more suggestions from this site. 

Sorry to hear that 😕

I hope you find a fix!

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!