Android to iOS switch

MrBaker89

Hi all, 

I live in the UK and use a service called O2 switch up which is part of my phone contract. 

It enables you to swap to a new phone every 90 days if you want to.

I currently have a Samsung S23 which I like but, I want to switch back to iPhone. 

My dilemma is, you have to take the phone you're swapping into store to be inspected before they give you your new handset. 

Does anyone know how I can backup the whole of my S23 and then transfer to iPhone once I have the new handset? Normally you would have both phones (if it was just a normal upgrade or new handset) and I would be able to just transfer from old device to the new one. 

TIA

Ryzen 9 7900X

Asrock X670E PG Lightning 

32GB G.Skill 6000mhz DDR5

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

You'd have to copy the entirety of the phone onto either a cloud service(very long to do on the phone) or hook up to your pc and copy and paste essentially. Then you hook up your pc to the new iphone. you can ask the 02 employees how to do that, they may have a easier solution 

What exactly needs to come over? Your google account will handle a lot of the essentials, like contacts and such. App purchases don't transfer over anyway. You'll want to back up apps like whatsapp, and your photos separate anyway, as there's usually so much data it takes forever to transfer that stuff.

9 hours ago, seanondemand said:

What exactly needs to come over? Your google account will handle a lot of the essentials, like contacts and such. App purchases don't transfer over anyway. You'll want to back up apps like whatsapp, and your photos separate anyway, as there's usually so much data it takes forever to transfer that stuff.

My worry is my whatsapp chats. It was a nightmare switching them from my old iphone to the s23. 

I was hoping there was a program out there that could take a backup and then you can transfer to the new iphone. 

Ryzen 9 7900X

Asrock X670E PG Lightning 

32GB G.Skill 6000mhz DDR5

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

On 12/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, MrBaker89 said:

My worry is my whatsapp chats. It was a nightmare switching them from my old iphone to the s23. 

I was hoping there was a program out there that could take a backup and then you can transfer to the new iphone. 

IOS and android dont go along with eachother so an app wouldnt really work on both ends to backup stuff