Using a Gateway 500GR - all reasonable suggestions welcome

I posted a while back with pics of the Gateway 500GR I partially disassembled; now I'm feeling guilty somehow about taking apart a computer that still works and was only super slow because of the mismatched RAM. Any suggestions on what to do with it? Like, could I use it as a NAS or something?

If I'm going to do anything with it, I'll have to buy a cheap CM TX3 or something cheap that's compatible with LGA775, because unless you've heard the stock 10-year-old CM fan in there, you don't know loud. I'm talking about much more noise than a HD 7970 or R9 290X reference at 110% load...this is what a jet engine REALLY sounds like. It's running XP; if anything I'm going to have to run Linux or FreeNAS; no guarantees that the 12 year old BIOS will accept either.

As the title says, all suggestions are welcome because this thing is closing on 12 years old and I really don't care what it does for the last few years of its functional lifetime, as long as it does something useful. Then when it's no longer workable (things start breaking, gets super slow, etc.) I'll take it apart, clean it, frame it and put it up on the wall.