AIO bubble/swish noise on startup…

AudenD
Go to solution Solved by Yua,

This is completely normal, air can be dissolved into water. When in idle or by low pressure points generated by the pump, little air bubbles can form.

All of this rushing through the thin fins of the water block is what you are hearing. No AIO will not have these.

Hey guys. I replaced my Lian Li Galahad Trinity AIO with a replacement AIO that’s the exact same, because it made a swish/bubble noise every time I turned on my pc. 

However the one I replaced it with is doing the same thing but louder. 

If I leave my computer off for like 8+ hours, I hear the air bubbles when it turns on. 

It doesn’t occur when the pc restarts or turns off for like an hour. 

What do I do? My pump running 80% speed and I’ve tilted my case over and over…. 

It’s super odd that multiple units do the same thing. The sound goes away after a few seconds and then I hear the pop or little tiny bubbles getting pushed out of the pump for the next 20 seconds….. it makes no sense.

I asked a few people, and one said to move the tubes on the AIO block itself to the top. So like if i rotated my pump 90 degrees... I can try and do that, but i might make a mess lol. I don't know if that will fix it or not...

I also set my pump speed lower than normal, around 2700 instead of the 2800-2900 the Lian Li Trinity 2 AIO allows. 

The picture below is my computer, and the video below is the video of the OLD pump. You can hear the noise, but on the new one it's a whole lot louder than that. I probably should've stayed with my old pump...

image.jpg

I didn't read the post, i'll admit, just watched the video. My EK 360 has done that for the last 3 years, its fine. 

bro someone just made me switch the tubes a different way. it's so ugly lmao

i'm going to see if it still makes the noise, and if it does, easy fix, just rotate it back. 

photo2.jpg

This is completely normal, air can be dissolved into water. When in idle or by low pressure points generated by the pump, little air bubbles can form.

All of this rushing through the thin fins of the water block is what you are hearing. No AIO will not have these.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

6 hours ago, Yua said:

So that sound in the video, the new aio has it but even louder each time… that is normal? Will it ever be less loud over time? 

should I just ignore it? 

I turned on my pc and the noise came back, shouldn’t have rotated my radiator pump lol 

Here is the video I have of me turning it on after putting it back. It makes the same noise every time. 

5 hours ago, AudenD said:

should I just ignore it? 

Yes, as we've been saying.