Low power mobo+CPU with IPMI

Budget (including currency): <~250 (looking for used stuff and would like cheap but if I find a good deal willing to spend higher)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Proxmox, TrueNas Scale, Ubuntu

Other details:

I'm looking at building a server and I need to get a motherboard and CPU but I'm having trouble finding something for a good deal. I'm looking for a server board with IPMI. That way I can practice using it. And then I also need a CPU that has good efficiency for its power.

I'm thinking of getting a LGA 1151 motherboard but I don't know what to get. This is going to be for my main proxmox server that will run truenas, a game server and whatever else I put on it. I could go with a consumer board but I don't know of any that has IPMI. I also need full ATX as I plan on adding a couple different PCIE devices (GPU, networking, storage).

Does anyone have any good advice on what to get? Or maybe they have bought something themselves that they could recommend?

power mobo+CPU with IPMI

19 hours ago, VagueMedal said:

Budget (including currency): <~250 (looking for used stuff and would like cheap but if I find a good deal willing to spend higher)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Proxmox, TrueNas Scale, Ubuntu

Other details:

I'm looking at building a server and I need to get a motherboard and CPU but I'm having trouble finding something for a good deal. I'm looking for a server board with IPMI. That way I can practice using it. And then I also need a CPU that has good efficiency for its power.

I'm thinking of getting a LGA 1151 motherboard but I don't know what to get. This is going to be for my main proxmox server that will run truenas, a game server and whatever else I put on it. I could go with a consumer board but I don't know of any that has IPMI. I also need full ATX as I plan on adding a couple different PCIE devices (GPU, networking, storage).

Does anyone have any good advice on what to get? Or maybe they have bought something themselves that they could recommend?

power mobo+CPU with IPMI

Hello... I don't know much about Servers but I thought I would look into this. I found these items and I think they might be what you are looking for. Let me know.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

LGA 2011-v3 X99 Dual CPU Motherboard M.2 DDR4 RAM New $164.63

Matched Pair - Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 2.1GHz Used $14.99

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772