GPU Signal to Monitor Stops, but pc is on.

Camoman1234567

6 months ago I built a pc and it was fine, but about a month ago my gpu started to stop sending signal to my monitor and the fans start spinning fast as possible. It happens when I'm on desktop, watching youtube, or playing games. Its most common in the 1st 5ish mins of a game, then when I restart my pc and open the game again it wont crash. Most of the time I can still hear my pc like nothing happened. I have ran furmark with afterburner to monitor it as it crashes, but it never crashed. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
My specs are GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4080 CPU: Intel 13700k RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 3200 (if I set it higher than 2667 my pc will randomly freeze and bsod, not sure if related) Motherboard: MSI - MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 PSU: CORSAIR - RMx Series RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold

Make your computer crash, then open Event Viewer once there in the left panel select Windows Logs -> System.

once there on the right panel; click filter current log.

Logged: choose past hour.

Event Level: Critical, Error.

click okay.

Export the events and link them here.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

The only critical error is from me having to hold down the power button to shut down the pc.

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

43 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and check if you have any minidump files. If you do, go back to the Windows folder and copy the Minidump folder itself to the Downloads folder (You can use the desktop if you don't have OneDrive syncing files). Zip the copied folder and attach it to a post. Please follow the instructions to the letter as Windows doesn't like you messing with files in this location.

I do not have any files in that folder.

I guess your OS isn't crashing; you are really only missing a video signal.

Check the power cable that goes to your GPU. Disconnect it from the GPU and the PSU if its modular. Inspect the pins and make sure nothing looks amiss.

Connect it back and see if the issue dissapears.

Post back your findings.

2 hours ago, Camoman1234567 said:

fans start spinning fast as possible

I misunderstood; these fans you are talking about are the GPU alone, not the computer case ones.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back.