GPU busted?

Flukesy

So I’ve been having issues with my pc. I took it in to a shop because it wasn’t booting properly and I couldn’t figure it out. 

The guy fixed it but after about 30 mins of gaming the GPU(3060ti)fans went to max speed and then it shut off. Now every time I turn it on the GPU fans go crazy and it shuts down. 
^ this all happened on my old build.

today I built a brand new setup, I was upgrading anyway so everything is brand new except the GPU. I fired it up today and same thing, fans max speed but no display. 

When I plugged my old RX580 in afterwards the fans started spinning and then shut down, and repeat. 

The only thing I’ve been able to get it to boot up with it the integrated graphics.

Is my gpu broken? I mean it must be right?

is it possible it caused damage to the new build and thats why the rx580 wouldn’t work either?

is it likely that the guy at the shop did something wrong and thats why it shorted out?

12 minutes ago, Flukesy said:

Is my gpu broken?

i mean your gpu is obviously the problem, seeing as its the only common part between the two builds (unless you reused something else too)

it could be completely broken, it may also just need a bios flash

check the pcie pins for any damage caused by shorting, besides that you can take your gpu to an independent repair shop so they can test it on a separate pc

It's odd that even your old RX580 also did the same thing on the new build.

If you have your old pc still you could try to put the RX580 there to see how that works, just to rule out if that gpu is also bad.

3 hours ago, Mumintroll said:

It's odd that even your old RX580 also did the same thing on the new build.

If you have your old pc still you could try to put the RX580 there to see how that works, just to rule out if that gpu is also bad.

It did something slightly different. The 3060 turned on full fans, the 580 would spin for a second and then shut down. 

I really hope the 3060 didn’t break the pcie port or something 

13 minutes ago, UnusualDevices said:

what mobo/cpu do you have?

MSI z790 Pro-p wifi & i5-13600k

9 minutes ago, UnusualDevices said:

take out gpu, connect video to motherboard, can you reach bios?

Yep. The pc boots no problem when I’m using the integrated graphics.

ok so you've eliminated alot, sounds like maybe there's some shit in your pcie slot or something, take a REAL close look

and clean the card contacts while you are at it