New PC, need help

margarettz

Budget (including currency): 6000PLN/1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Sims 4, CitySkylines, BG3, Stray, Civ 6 but also Photoshop, Affinity Designer, Rebelle 5

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My configuration looks like this: 

GeForce RTX 4060 Eagle OC 8GB GDDR6

Intel Core i5-13600KF

Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4

Kingston Fury Renegade, DDR4, 32 GB, 3600MHz, CL16

Endorfy Supremo FM5 Gold 750W

SSD Kingston KC3000 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen4 NVMe

CPU be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro

I don't know if the things I chose will work well together. Maybe there is some chance of optimization that I don't know about.... I play games more often than I create art. tbh I need a powerful mid-range computer with the possibility of upgrade in the future. 

I'd try to buy a B760 motherboard (and a nicer one). I don't know if your B660 mb has a problem with newer cpus but it's possible.

I prefer non-F cpus, having a spare gpu can come in handy in times of trouble.

You could consider going DDR5 while you're buying new Ram. I believe I've heard cheap DDR5 compares to high end DDR4.

(and consider replacing the Intel ILM with a contact frame)

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

On 12/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, margarettz said:

Budget (including currency): 6000PLN/1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Sims 4, CitySkylines, BG3, Stray, Civ 6 but also Photoshop, Affinity Designer, Rebelle 5

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My configuration looks like this: 

GeForce RTX 4060 Eagle OC 8GB GDDR6

Intel Core i5-13600KF

Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4

Kingston Fury Renegade, DDR4, 32 GB, 3600MHz, CL16

Endorfy Supremo FM5 Gold 750W

SSD Kingston KC3000 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen4 NVMe

CPU be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro

I don't know if the things I chose will work well together. Maybe there is some chance of optimization that I don't know about.... I play games more often than I create art. tbh I need a powerful mid-range computer with the possibility of upgrade in the future. 

Hello... I would go with something like this. People might say that other parts are better and they are right but in Poland I had to work with what that Poland Site had in Stock and try and keep it in your budget, so it was kinda hard to do. See the PCPartPicker List below for a better look at everything.

For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

Poland Version

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YJhVmD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($218.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 622 Halo 51.88 CFM CPU Cooler  ($57.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($219.95 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA Legend 800 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Speedster QICK 319 Core Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($339.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Case: MSI MPG GUNGNIR 300R AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1371.77

Hello... I have been building PCs for 30 years, so if you have any questions please ask. I'm more than happy to help.